What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Pedge1971

First Grade
Watched both play all year, one has matured and is getting better by the week, the other looks like a poor mans Sione Mat.

We have had major problems at FB this season, and in the end where will wardle play next season? Not getting ahead of Jamie B, Guerra, Sione Mat, Barnett.

In the end he is too slow for centre and not in our top 4 2nd rowers.

Tell me about our major problems at fb again? Wardle ia here to stay and will be a bench utility next year.

Mamo is nrl fail but pleased the kid os going good in esl....

Johns Magic

Referee
If we do actually get Watson it'll be interesting to see for what role. I reckon we will and should still be after Maloney. If Watson becomes our starting 6 it will put pressure on Lamb to be the man, because from what I have seen Watson isn't a playmaking half. Not sure he is a natural kicker. But maybe Ponga is?

To clarify, I would love to get Watson. Footballer.

Spot On

Coach
It's hard to see where some of these blokes are going to fit into the side atm and who else we currently have that won't be here next year.

Fingers crossed that Roy Masters is on the money and the NRL get to include those previously excluded items into the cap and clubs have to work off a 9 million wages bill.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm hoping:

Inglis -> Broncos (compassionate)
Jack Bird -> Sharks (rumour he wants to backflip)
Cronk -> Souths
Maloney -> Knights

A lot of dominoes.

Spot On

Coach
Well Bird is the man to start them falling. Massive lol if true.

Souths are a mess. I cant understand what Madge is doing there atm. What happens with Reynolds if Cronk were to land there??? Walker is not a FB. Sutton I think is best suited to backrow or gone altogether.

Johns Magic

Referee
From what I have heard the Inglis to Broncos move may have legs with what is going on in his life. And I feel that the Broncos would swap him for Bird in a heartbeat.

I don't have any solid mail but on paper it would all be a possibility. Although Maloney could just go to Souths and Cronk retire.

Spot On

Coach
So another 'compassionate' move from a 'QLD player' to Brisbane. FFS. Boyd got out of his deal here and we paid for it. Surely that can not happen again for Brisbane - can it?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Tell me about our major problems at fb again? Wardle ia here to stay and will be a bench utility next year.

Mamo is nrl fail but pleased the kid os going good in esl....
Our fullback play this year has been poor to say the least, poor positioning being a major problem, i hope wardle comes good.

But in all honesty if we get all our transfer options, especially if a few teams need to clean out to get under the cap, then he is absolutely no hope of getting a game.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Ideally we would want a veteran half for a few seasons with Watson off the bench. Ponga, Watson, lamb and Levi is loaded with talent and has the potential to be a great spine but inexperience will see them struggle. Definitely need a steady head there to guide that spine. I'd hate to see the inexperience get to them and have them fail to kick on like the tigers spine.

In saying that, I have seen more from Brock lamb this season than I have ever seen from brooks or Moses when they were labelled as the next big halves combination.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ideally we would want a veteran half for a few seasons with Watson off the bench. Ponga, Watson, lamb and Levi is loaded with talent and has the potential to be a great spine but inexperience will see them struggle. Definitely need a steady head there to guide that spine. I'd hate to see the inexperience get to them and have them fail to kick on like the tigers spine.

In saying that, I have seen more from Brock lamb this season than I have ever seen from brooks or Moses when they were labelled as the next big halves combination.

I agree with this but the thing is, I suspect Watson would get a starting gig at a few other clubs and that's why he's keen to leave the Roosters.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Also another one, is Alex Johnston under contract yet? Could he come here and play FB, move Ponga to 5/8.

Or are we hoping Cronk to Souths, Walker released to Knights?

Frederick

Staff member
Our fullback play this year has been poor to say the least, poor positioning being a major problem, i hope wardle comes good.

But in all honesty if we get all our transfer options, especially if a few teams need to clean out to get under the cap, then he is absolutely no hope of getting a game.
Elliott was fine at fullback. No world beater but pretty safe. Gagai is the one with positioning issues

Spot On

Coach
Also another one, is Alex Johnston under contract yet? Could he come here and play FB, move Ponga to 5/8.

Or are we hoping Cronk to Souths, Walker released to Knights?

I don't think FB is an issue for us. Ponga is coming to play FB nothing else. Hopefully Pythian can provide good cover if needed as will Elliott. A few very good props, maybe an experienced half and a couple decent backs are on the shopping list. Props are our biggest need. Id like to see 3 bought in - at least.