What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Johns Magic

Referee
Toohey reckons we will sign 5 or 6 more including Guerra.

He has also said Watson and Ese'ese are both chances.

It sounds like if we don't get SKD we will be signing a centre anyway so if we do get Watson and Ese'ese it's sounding like we can expect to announce:

Guerra
Watson
Ese'ese
SKD (or another centre)

Then one or two more. A good prop(e.g. Graham) has to be one of those given the noises we are hearing.

Then there is potential for a sixth signing and the position becomes less obvious.

Let's say hypothetically we do get the 5 mentioned above, we could field this side:

1. Ponga
2. Sio
3. SKD
4. Pete
5. Ross
6. Watson
7. Lamb
8. Dan Saifiti
9. Levi
10. Graham
11. Buhrer
12. Sione
13. Guerra

14. Ese'ese
15. J Saifiti
16. Barnett
17. Wardle

Obviously fingers crossed on all the above.

If we do get a sixth signing it could be any of the following:

A) An experienced half such as Maloney (which I think is most likely what they are after)

B) Another strong middle player (prop or lock), particularly as depth gets pretty thin there after that 17 IMO

C) Another hooker which has been discussed previously.

I would say that we should still have a fair bit of money leftover for that sixth signing. All speculative of course but we are getting an idea of what Brown/Mooney are aiming for.

Yosh

Coach
JM: Is that side and Brown good enough to crack top 8 year in year out? I haven't been following the NRL like I did a few years back and can't grasp how good that side is compared to the competition.

Just looking at the balance of the side, young and experienced players, size, good spine; I think we look pretty good!

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm a bit disappointed we didn't push a bit harder for Rona, he's better and younger than SKD and wouldn't have cost too much, but maybe the Tigers threw a lot of cash at him, who knows.

slotmachine

First Grade
That's not a 2018 top 8 side. Issue is depth, what happens when we get 3 or 4 injuries or suspensions.

Will win more than 3 or 4 games though.

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't see why it can't be a top 8 side. I feel if we had Ponga alone on board this year we'd have at least a couple more wins under the belt.

I would be happy with that side, and we are told there's potential for another signing as well. It will finally be up to Brown to show he can coach.

mozza91

Coach
Everything would have to go right with form and injuries for that side to make the 8.
It's really hard to tell with our current team. I watch us some weeks and think we're 2 or 3 good signings from being a good side and then other weeks I think we need about 15 new players to go anywhere.

Glendale

Juniors
That's not a 2018 top 8 side. Issue is depth, what happens when we get 3 or 4 injuries or suspensions.

Will win more than 3 or 4 games though.

Depth shouldn't be an issue. Because the guys we've been using this year as first choice firstgraders, Yates, Stone, Fitzgibbon, Wardle, Phythian, Elliot, King etc. will form our first line of depth. They have all had decent games in firstgrade this year and at the very least will be handy fill in firstraders.

On the subject of Rona, I heard from a close source we went after him just as hard as the Tigers and offered him a similar amount, he just chose the Tigers instead.

The word out of the dogs fan forum from last night is they have told fans to expect a fan favourite in the forwards to be moved on shortly.

Glendale

Juniors
We don't need players who think like that. Rightio Jerk Turd, it was all going to be down to you mate, you're the team. He is one of if not the most overrated player in the game at the moment and quite clearly has an ego to match. The guy is an overrated centre who thinks he's a premiere 5/8- wtf. I am happy we missed out on him he would have been totally the wrong signing.

Latest posts