What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...d/news-story/a42ee68751b8384977bde301d3632854

Article saying Brenton Lawrence is considering his options and is likely to leave. We were offered him but he wants a two year deal which we have been turned off by.

I know he's 32 and has back issues so may only be good for one more year. But I'd really like to have him, he'd be quality addition in a team that needs props. Should we go harder for him?

Given his age and recent injury history I can see why we're not that keen. He's a solid contributor when he's fit but it's been a while and he's getting on a bit now as well. Shame because I don't mind what he could potentially bring to the side but feels like a bigger risk than the potential reward.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm hearing he'll be going to the ESL.

Either way I don't care that much about SKD really, he could come in useful but he's not a game-changing signing or anything.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Good signing for 350k or so. Thankfully Hagan isn't around to throw him double that.

After him and Guerra I think we need 2 experienced rowers and a quality half to be a competitive side

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Too small to be good. never be better than mediocre... Still, thats not bad.

And LOL at those saying Watson to bench. He will be coming here to play 6, and will walk into the role.

I will get shot for this, but I think Feeney has been outplaying Lamb lately. Not his fault he has a munted head.

Nah, Feeney has earned himself first dibs on the Utility bench spot. But Lamb is shaping up as the organiser we have been begging for since Johns left.

I wouldnt ditch Lamb just because Feeney is a bit more exciting. Feeney can be exciting from the bench....

Johns Magic

Referee
Good signing for 350k or so. Thankfully Hagan isn't around to throw him double that.

After him and Guerra I think we need 2 experienced rowers and a quality half to be a competitive side

Agree, but besides Graham what other experienced front-rowers are potentially available?

I reckon we need Graham and Maloney, or Graham and another experienced prop(with Watson at 6). Even a lock if Guerra goes go second-row.

Hopefully things start falling into place soon. Would be interesting to know how many signings we are targeting. We could be getting Guerra, SKD and Watson as rumoured for just over $1mn a year which should leave us plenty left if we had $3mn to play with to start(which seems to be the figure the media is going with).

Johns Magic

Referee
As Toohey has said though, we won't be signing anything with SKD before his court case on June 21st. So I doubt we have locked in anything.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Nah, Feeney has earned himself first dibs on the Utility bench spot. But Lamb is shaping up as the organiser we have been begging for since Johns left.

I wouldnt ditch Lamb just because Feeney is a bit more exciting. Feeney can be exciting from the bench....

Id take a fit and firing Pythian over Feeney any day. Like what I have seen in limited game time. Just depends on how well he comes bqck.

As Toohey has said though, we won't be signing anything with SKD before his court case on June 21st. So I doubt we have locked in anything.

You would assume this court case would be over pretty quickly and it would be in his best interest not to drag it out given he is clubless.

Still enough time to sign before June 30 if it's a favourable outcome

Caped Crusader

Juniors

Feeney is a half and only a half

No way he gets played off the bench as a utility. He offers little utility value

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I thought he had already been cleared in the past few days. What news am I thinking of?

His hair folicle test was negative so he hasn't been taking drugs. Corroborates his story that he was holding it for a mate. (Can probably all assume who it was looking at who the roosters recently got rid of) At the end of the day he was in possession of it and has no defence for that charge. Most he will get is a $300 fine.

macavity

Referee

I think Feeney as bench utility is great - as long as he can cover hooker. Buhrer is the natural bench utility with three big boppers though.

Agree that Lamb is shaping as a decent organiser.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I think Feeney as bench utility is great - as long as he can cover hooker. Buhrer is the natural bench utility with three big boppers though.

Agree that Lamb is shaping as a decent organiser.
I'm a fan of a hooker that's a strong and busy defender, especially when getting close to half time and his teammates are tiring. I don't feel Feeney would offer that.

macavity

Referee
I'm a fan of a hooker that's a strong and busy defender, especially when getting close to half time and his teammates are tiring. I don't feel Feeney would offer that.

Sort of my point - he needs to put a few kegs on to even be a hope. He is pretty tall, wonder if he will ever fill out.