What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

macavity

Referee
If they were only chasing size they wouldn't have signed Buhrer just 9 months ago. Professionalism, footy smarts, leadership, etc...the guy has them in spades and that's why we fell over ourselves to sign him and steered well clear of a guy like Tony Williams.

The momentum actually turned our way as soon as Buhrer came on last week.

Not "only".

Look, I rate him, just obviously not as highly as you do. He is good for us - but if he is your first picked back rower, you have the worst back row in the comp. He is floating in and out of the starting team / bench for any top 8 aspirant side. I could live with Sione, Buhrer and Guerra, but I think we probably want to play a "middle" lock, and Guerra is better on the edge.

And at any rate, getting Buhrer was as much about getting Aku off the books as what he brought to the club.

Johns Magic

Referee
Not "only".

Look, I rate him, just obviously not as highly as you do. He is good for us - but if he is your first picked back rower, you have the worst back row in the comp. He is floating in and out of the starting team / bench for any top 8 aspirant side. I could live with Sione, Buhrer and Guerra, but I think we probably want to play a "middle" lock, and Guerra is better on the edge.

And at any rate, getting Buhrer was as much about getting Aku off the books as what he brought to the club.

OK fair enough mate that is your view. I can't agree with your last sentence at all though - we haven't taken scraps we don't want and Brown was glowing in his praise of Buhrer when we signed him.

Alex28

Coach
Listening to James Maloney talk after Origin and the passion, the disappointment in his voice... man I hope we get him. An absolute competitor. He is what we need - to set the example that average isn't good enough and to drive our young blokes to be better.

Zoidberg

First Grade
For what it's worth, at the Origin game last night, watching Cronk do the lap of honour, he seemed to be trying to soak it up, like it may be his final one.

Yosh

Coach
Is Cronk to us just not happening? How are Cronk, Slater and Cam Smith still ripping NSW apart when they're on their last legs...

Pedge1971

First Grade
Wayne Bennett has just confirmed that Herman Ese'ese will leave the Broncos at season's end for Newcastle. #NRL

Reported on Twitter by Brisbanes media correspondent for NRL.com Eden Richards.

Pedge1971

First Grade
He's told clubs he'll make his decision next week. Tigers and Knights genuinely have no idea which one he'll pick.

Nathan Ryan on Twitter re Connor Watson.

PhilGould

Bench
Wayne Bennett has just confirmed that Herman Ese'ese will leave the Broncos at season's end for Newcastle. #NRL

Reported on Twitter by Brisbanes media correspondent for NRL.com Eden Richards.
Didn't Wayne throw a tantrum when Cronulla stole Brisbane's thunder by being the first to announce Bird was off to the Broncos?

Old dog

Bench
Nice to have it confirmed, especially a prop, much needed, another one and a half and will be very very pleased