What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Are people still seriously picking Buhrer on the bench? Unless the plan is for him to come on and play 60 I don't unsderstand it.

He doesn't fit anywhere else. Unless guerra moves to the bench or lock.

He can't even make our current run on side, this is the 3rd week off the bench for him. Should be over his injury and match fit by now.

Johns Magic

Referee
What about the other parts of his game I mentioned though? I'd rather Brown give him practise at being frustrated in reserves. He can work on a few parts of his game there.

His body language is poor at the moment but he is still getting through work. Being asked to do too much. I am not seeing the poor attempts you obviously have.

Bench lock next year will suit him IMO.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Bahaha, can't make our run-on side. Sheeeeeezuusss.

3 weeks off the bench says he can't. Whether that's because he isn't fit yet who knows.

But anyway, you don't think he's a bench player, but who does he push out for a run on spot next season? Can't see him pushing out anyone tbh.

Johns Magic

Referee
3 weeks off the bench says he can't. Whether that's because he isn't fit yet who knows.

But anyway, you don't think he's a bench player, but who does he push out for a run on spot next season? Can't see him pushing out anyone tbh.

I wouldn't read anything into the fact he's starting on the bench. He is playing big minutes in the middle including a stint at hooker, after a long injury - I highly suspect it's to keep him fresh.

Buhrer is my first picked backrower next year. Head and shoulders above Barnett. I would move Sione to the backs for him. And if it came to it I would pick him over Guerra as well.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I wouldn't read anything into the fact he's starting on the bench. He is playing big minutes in the middle including a stint at hooker, after a long injury - I highly suspect it's to keep him fresh.

Buhrer is my first picked backrower next year. Head and shoulders above Barnett. I would move Sione to the backs for him. And if it came to it I would pick him over Guerra as well.

I don't think Sione pushes out moga or SKD. Sione was never really that great at centre

Buhrer won't play lock and would be wasted at lock, he's a good edge runner not a middle forward.

It's basically Buhrer and Guerra fighting for a starting spot.

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't think Sione pushes out moga or SKD. Sione was never really that great at centre

Buhrer won't play lock and would be wasted at lock, he's a good edge runner not a middle forward.

It's basically Buhrer and Guerra fighting for a starting spot.

Buhrer was great at lock on the weekend.

Moga and SKD can play wing. So can Sione. I don't like the idea but if we land all the signings we're connected to it will be interesting.

Old dog

Bench
It's funny but have argued, all of us, about who is not good enough, who can we sign, NOW we are talking about who will have to make way for next years games and we haven't even signed some of them, pure speculation, but it is a lot of fun

Zoidberg

First Grade
The good thing if we do have these options is to allow players to get over niggling injuries properly, have an extra week off and we've got coverage.

macavity

Referee
Buhrer starts at 9 or off the bench IMO

it's pretty obvious they are chasing big bodies, which makes sense given we get beaten up nearly every game ((Saifitis only ones to turn that tide at times but still boys)

Joel-22

Juniors
Pretty much agree with everything JM has said here. Only I think moving Sione is out of the question.

I must be the only one here who has huge wraps on Barny. I don't think he's reached his ceiling either, I think he'll get heavier and stronger again. He can offload, has good footwork and the defence often struggles to get him off his feet. He has plenty of aggression and most importantly he's competitive as f**k. I can honestly see him playing rep footy in the future. He's 23 playing his first full year of FG in the shittest team to play in the nrl arguably ever ffs. Another good off-season, another year of maturing and the addition of some experienced players around him and he'll be golden. If we buy good props I think players like Sione and Barny will look like stars.

And a big yes to Latu.

8.Latu
10.Ese'ese
11.Mata'utia
12.Buhrer
13.Guerra

14.Barnett
15.Jaifiti
16.Daifiti
17.Stone

Old dog

Bench

it's pretty obvious they are chasing big bodies, which makes sense given we get beaten up nearly every game ((Saifitis only ones to turn that tide at times but still boys)
Right, think Buhrer is very good but small, bench, hooker relief, some backrow 30-40 mins plus injury relief when we get all we hope to get

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Does Sione have the speed and lateral movement to play in the outside backs these days? He's definitely bulked up a lot in order to play in the forwards.

Johns Magic

Referee

If they were only chasing size they wouldn't have signed Buhrer just 9 months ago. Professionalism, footy smarts, leadership, etc...the guy has them in spades and that's why we fell over ourselves to sign him and steered well clear of a guy like Tony Williams.

The momentum actually turned our way as soon as Buhrer came on last week.

Pedge1971

First Grade
He doesn't fit anywhere else. Unless guerra moves to the bench or lock.

He can't even make our current run on side, this is the 3rd week off the bench for him. Should be over his injury and match fit by now.

Buhrer is first player picked period. We are a better team with him on the park.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah, if Barnett doesn't screw his head on and start putting in, he could very well find himself on the scrap heap. I could cop a penalty here and there is he was pumping out solid stats. But he's not.

I'm willing to forgive Barnett for his recent ill-discipline even though it's cost us in a few games. Earlier in the season we were praising him for being a bit rough around the edges but I think he's just been a bit worn down by a long season, considering it's his first full season of first grade I can't blame him for his form dropping away a bit at this stage in his career.

In an ideal circumstance next year I would like to see Guerra at lock with Sione & Buhrer on the edges with Barnett coming off the bench. It would be good to see him develop his game from the bench for the next couple of years before he gets a permanent starting spot back.

Latest posts