What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Johns Magic

Referee
I think Pete is at best on par with those players. And I love Pete.

He couldn't lock down a spot at Saints...

Fair enough mate, different opinions.

Pete is going much better now than he was at Saints though. And Blair and Beale have both been kicked to the kerb by a couple of clubs...

Old dog

Bench
I'm wondering if Hodko will keep getting runs.
I'm one of his biggest critics but am always open to be proven wrong.
He had a good game but I don't think he can do it consistently.
If he can and we get Maloney then might be Maloney and Hodko in the halves. I want Lamb to get a real go and I want Pythian to have an opportunity if he can stay fit.
Hodko is a game to game proposition IMO, we have him for this season but maybe not for next, especially if we can crack a top half, he might see the writing on the wall and leave, ESL. At worst I think Cogger/Lamb is better if no new signing, but we should go hard for Watson, Maloney and any others, Cornish. I rate Pythian but like everyone else fitness/injury worries.

Noname36

First Grade
Maloney would be huge for us. I'd almost go as far as saying that if we sign him and an experienced forward to lead we push for finals next year. I rate him more than Bird. I think he's a really underrated player who seems to have a positive impact everywhere he goes.

PhilGould

Bench
According to The Mole, Leilani Latu is unhappy at Penrith and has had secret meetings with the Knights and the Warriors.

Johns Magic

Referee
According to The Mole, Leilani Latu is unhappy at Penrith and has had secret meetings with the Knights and the Warriors.

Wow there really is a lot going on behind the scenes...

Latu was a monster last year. Seems to have fallen apart this year though.

Heaps of potential. Could we get it out of him is the question.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Did Latu play for Fiji earlier this year or am I getting him mixed up with someone else? If so then maybe Dan & Jacob could get in his ear and tip the scales in our favour, hopefully they've built a connection from playing international footy together.

PhilGould

Bench
Did Latu play for Fiji earlier this year or am I getting him mixed up with someone else? If so then maybe Dan & Jacob could get in his ear and tip the scales in our favour, hopefully they've built a connection from playing international footy together.
He played for Tonga against Fiji and had a blinder IIRC. Latu to go with Ese'ese & the Saifiti's would probably be the highest potential young prop rotation in the league. We'd still need some experience up front but it's a no-brainer to take Latu if he's available.

Burwood

Bench
He doesn't crack 100m for the entire year and consistently makes 40-70m, and then last week he has 19 runs and 162m. I can't help but think we need a workhorse frontrower who will be happy to have 15+ runs and earn the hard yards each and every week.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
He doesn't crack 100m for the entire year and consistently makes 40-70m, and then last week he has 19 runs and 162m. I can't help but think we need a workhorse frontrower who will be happy to have 15+ runs and earn the hard yards each and every week.
Agreed but sounds like we have more then enough money to get Latu and also get that workhorse when he becomes available.

macavity

Referee

If we have a 4 prop rotation (Ese'ese, Latu and Saifiti x 2) and two backrowers who play 80 (Sione and Guerra) we don't necessarily need one to be a stats monster - we just need all four to play at high intensity with and without the ball.

Add a decent lock and we are in business - bonehead barney can go get sent off in the local league.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Yeah, if Barnett doesn't screw his head on and start putting in, he could very well find himself on the scrap heap. I could cop a penalty here and there is he was pumping out solid stats. But he's not.

Johns Magic

Referee
Barnett will be right. Playing frustrated IMO.

8. Dan
10. Ese'ese
11. Buhrer
12. Guerra
13. Graham

14. Jacob
15. Latu
16. Barnett

Sione to the backs...?

Spot On

Coach
He's playing dumb JM. Plain dumb. He looks unfit or injured possibly???? Not sure. But he is forever looking like he can't keep up and often that happens not too far into the game either. Frustrated???

Johns Magic

Referee
He's playing dumb JM. Plain dumb. He looks unfit or injured possibly???? Not sure. But he is forever looking like he can't keep up and often that happens not too far into the game either. Frustrated???

Frustrated players do dumb things...

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Barnett will be right. Playing frustrated IMO.

8. Dan
10. Ese'ese
11. Buhrer
12. Guerra
13. Graham

14. Jacob
15. Latu
16. Barnett

Sione to the backs...?

Depends how SKD and Moga go, but I can't see him moving out of the forwards

8. Daifiti
10. Graham