What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Joel-22

Juniors
I really think the need for an experienced half is being overstated here.
Pearce only had Anasta playing with him for his first 2 years and his experience is analogous to Hodkinson's who we already have here. Cronk had Scott Hill for one season before playing with Inglis and other stop gaps. I mean if you're good, you're good. I truly believe Lamb has the potential to be a better player than Pearce

Old dog

Bench
For a start, should we get Pearce I don't see him playing 5plus years, he seems to me to be the type that will burn out, isn't relaxed in his game as others.
His game will be effected by his "no longer required" at Roosters, he will see no future if he leaves them, I don't think he will.
I hope he stays at Roosters and we don't have any problems due to keeping our own

Caped Crusader

Juniors
As much as i think Pearce is an awful rep player, he is very good in club games

If you think we will be better off with Lamb over Pearce, just because Lamb is younger, then you need to watch footy more. Honestly, i couldnt GAF if Lamb left in the scenario of us signing Pearce. We gain a far better player for at least 3 years, likely more.

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
Gents,

Pearce does not want to leave Sydney and the deal is almost done at Manly.

That is pure speculation written on a poor understanding of what can and cannot happen. There is no deal being done, organised or about to happen as NO ONE is allowed to make a deal or even ask Mitchel or his manager anything until after the November contract date.

If a player has more than one year on their contract left then no negotiation can be commenced under the rules until the player has less than one year left without the current club agreeing which the Roosters have not.

This is why the Roosters are holding meetings with Mitchel on Tuesday so it can all be worked out before he can talk to other clubs.

The only thing they can do is talk to people who do not represent the player. Like Browny talking to Jnr Pearce the last couple of weeks.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Its all speculation anyway

The likely scenario is that the Roosters get Cronk and keep Pearce too. It will be Friend that gets the arse

Spot On

Coach
That is pure speculation written on a poor understanding of what can and cannot happen. There is no deal being done, organised or about to happen as NO ONE is allowed to make a deal or even ask Mitchel or his manager anything until after the November contract date.

If a player has more than one year on their contract left then no negotiation can be commenced under the rules until the player has less than one year left without the current club agreeing which the Roosters have not.

This is why the Roosters are holding meetings with Mitchel on Tuesday so it can all be worked out before he can talk to other clubs.

The only thing they can do is talk to people who do not represent the player. Like Browny talking to Jnr Pearce the last couple of weeks.

You don't believe Manly are manoeuvring to ensure they get in?

Yes, they are the rules.

Publicly they are being followed.

There are salary cap rules too - publicly they are followed as well.

I have a bridge to sell you.

Are you one of the few who believe Cooper Cronk only made his mind up re playing on in 2018 and beyond just the other day?

Last edited:

Bartwah

Juniors

If you think we will be better off with Lamb over Pearce, just because Lamb is younger, then you need to watch footy more. Honestly, i couldnt GAF if Lamb left in the scenario of us signing Pearce. We gain a far better player for at least 3 years, likely more.
You get it!

Glendale

Juniors

What if Lamb goes and becomes a better player then Pearce at another club? You will GAF then.

Spot On

Coach
Just out of interest......

How would have people rated Mullo and Pearce against each other?

Who would you have had in your side if you could only pick 1?

Spot On

Coach
Apparently Cronk has signed a two year deal with Roosters, just announced

All up to Mitch now.

Will Politis and Robinson sonehow convince him to suck it up for the good of the team and club?

Will he take the Manly deal or can Gardner offer something simply to good to refuse?

Caped Crusader

Juniors
What if Lamb goes and becomes a better player then Pearce at another club? You will GAF then.
What if , what if, what if....

Mate, you take that risk for every player that leaves

Lets talk in facts. Pearce is a better halfback than Lamb is right now. He is far more experienced at every aspect of RL.

Yes, it would suck if Lamb moves on and becomes the next Joey/JT/Cronk but simply based on what ive seen of him its far more likely he just becomes Tim Smith or Brett Finch

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Just out of interest......

How would have people rated Mullo and Pearce against each other?

Who would you have had in your side if you could only pick 1?
At what stage of their career?

Early on id not have traded Mullo for anyone baring JT to be honest

In the last 5 years though Id have taken Pearce and sold Mullo off to slavery in Eastern Europe

mozza91

Coach
Mullen's best was better than Pearce's best. But Pearce was/is far more consistent week to week at club level, rarely gets injured and is the better overall player.

Scar Tissue

Juniors
Spot On, I agree with 90% of what you have to say, however I wouldn't want Mullen or Pearce as Mullens peak can be measured in minutes not games. Pearce as someone stated here on a previous post is an athlete(similar to his father) & always seems to come up short at critical moments as he has no natural football instincts.He either has a rush of blood & stuffs up or goes into his shell.Another example of the offspring of a former big name player going far further than his ability warrants. I don't think Lamb is a superstar but he at least deserves a shot now we have some decent troops to give him more options.

Spot On

Coach
Yes, I find it hard to disagree with you Scar Tissue.

You've hit the nail on the head.

If the cards somehow do fall our way, I'm concerned at the $$$ we would have to spend to secure Pearce as well as the length of contract.

Last edited:

Latest posts