What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Bartwah

Juniors
Thank god we missed out on Beale, that would be just our luck to have him injured before he even played a game for us

Bartwah

Juniors
Ok lads, what would you like to see next year? Enlighten me. Personally, I think Watson has a much more lethal running game than Lamb, who I think is more suited to a halfback role. I think Pearce and Watson would compliment each other more than Watson and lamb would. A whole spine aged under 23 scares the shit out of me, we need experience

Glendale

Juniors
In reserve grade? Cause Pearce wont come for a year and guaranteed Lamb will leave to play fg somewhere else after this contract

Yep- Lambs contract is up in 2018 and I can see Canberra in particular making a play for him if this situation arises. Brown has talked about Pearce having 7-8 years left in the game, wierd comment to make in the cirucmstances.

Ok lads, what would you like to see next year? Enlighten me. Personally, I think Watson has a much more lethal running game than Lamb, who I think is more suited to a halfback role. I think Pearce and Watson would compliment each other more than Watson and lamb would. A whole spine aged under 23 scares the shit out of me, we need experience

Yep it scares everyone- but they’ll be behind a strong pack, and we’ll give them time to build their combination and get settled in firstgrade, just as we’ve done with our whole team in the last 2 years. All 4 are extremely talented players in their own right. Finals isn’t an instant requirement next year. Pearce would be handy, but do you risk ruining your future plans for him? It’s a very tough decision for Browny to make.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Stick with Lamb and Watson next year. If it becomes clear he (Lamb) cannot aim up chase your marquee half for 2019. Buy some outside backs and another front rower. See what happens with Pythian's body.

2019 and 2020 is our window.

Old dog

Bench
I would like to see it stay Lamb/Watson others backup, don't sign another new half, see how it goes and if not working out, Hodko leaves and you buy a marquee half, Maloney is of contract then, if it works out good and if need be buy or develop another young half to replace Hodko.

Spot On

Coach
Gents,

Pearce does not want to leave Sydney and the deal is almost done at Manly. He lives on the Northern Beaches as well. He has no interest in playing for Newy.

There is however, a very slim chance Politis and Robinson can convince him to stay. Very slim.

The Roosters might prefer he does not go to Manly but that means squat.

The only possibility of Pearce coming here is an absolutely insane deal from Gardiner and the club. To me that means massive, massive money for at least 3 years.

Last edited:

Old dog

Bench
Gents,

Pearce does not want to leave Sydney and the deal is almost done at Manly. He lives on the Northern Beaches as well. He has no interest in playing for Newy.

There is however, a very slim chance Politis and Robinson can convince him to stay. Very slim.

The Roosters might prefer he does not go to Manly but that means squat.

The only possibility of Pearce coming here is an absolutely insane deal from Gardiner and the club. To me that means massive, massive money for at least 3 years.
I tend I tend to agree he won't leave Roosters and Manly if any is his best option, not sure as you say that it's a done deal, that is don't think ink has hit paper

Alex28

Coach
Correct.

So did Pearce.

It matters not - I think he's off to Manly.
He’s not going to Manly. Roosters won’t release him to a team that they believe will be as good as them with him.

If he goes - and I really hope this is the case - he’ll go to us.

Spot On

Coach
I tend I tend to agree he won't leave Roosters and Manly if any is his best option, not sure as you say that it's a done deal, that is don't think ink has hit paper

Correct. The deal is there. Just needs to be finalised.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
He’s not going to Manly. Roosters won’t release him to a team that they believe will be as good as them with him.

If he goes - and I really hope this is the case - he’ll go to us.

Manly mate. It matters not about that fluff re letting him go to a strong team. (Manly v Newy)

We'd have to trump their deal by squillions. It's possible but it would have to be Jerry McGuire moment. That could have implications for us down the track if the pressure of the marquee money and expectation to perform is too much for him.

Slim chance they can convince him to stay on at the Chooks but there's going to have to be some huge truth sessions and Pearce is going to have to somehow deal with all that and a change of position which really means being a bench player. Can't see him being too keen for that.

Last edited:

Latest posts