What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Joel-22

Juniors
Would anyone be interested in Koribete? I'd like to see him train for centre, he could do some damage with that speed/strength

Jono078

Referee
What's doing with Koribete? I thought he had a good season with the Storm last year.

Would be a handy back to have.

Koribete will be one of the most sought after wingers going around. He won't be cheap. Another brilliant call by the West Tigers letting him leave.

macavity

Referee
Nearly as brilliant as us letting Latrell Mitchell walk out of our junior trials without a contract, failing to spot Greg Inglis in our backyard, not arranging a brown paper bag for Boyd Cordner, the list goes on...

Not looking good for Snowy from all newspaper accounts. My question is do we get his cap money for 2016 if he retires this year? Surely it is not that simple. Technically you could get a player to retire if injured then re hire them the next year if the cap allowed.

SMH reports we are trying to sign Brenko Lee from Raiders next year. Our best chance IMO to strenghten this club is giving an open invitation to young emerging talents of ability who are at stronger clubs but are getting itchy feet about waiting for their chance. Barnett and Lee would be a pretty good start and would erode the Raiders depth. Add Lewis as experience.

Last edited:
Unless Some sort of early retirement payment is in his contract i doubt it would go towards the cap. We wouldnt be paying him and he wouldnt be playing. If you were to rehire him im sure the nrl would look at it on a case by case basis.

Joel-22

Juniors
Not looking good for Snowy from all newspaper accounts. My question is do we get his cap money for 2016 if he retires this year? Surely it is not that simple. Technically you could get a player to retire if injured then re hire them the next year if the cap allowed.

SMH reports we are trying to sign Brenko Lee from Raiders next year. Our best chance IMO to strenghten this club is giving an open invitation to young emerging talents of ability who are at stronger clubs but are getting itchy feet about waiting for their chance. Barnett and Lee would be a pretty good start and would erode the Raiders depth. Add Lewis as experience.

How does Brenko go? To be honest I've seen very, very little of him.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Hes alright. Id rather keep him because he does have a lot of upside but its questionable if he will ever get there imo. A move might be the best thing for him.

Hes a bit dumb and is rightly behind croker and bj so take that as you will. I know how a lot of you feel about leuila.

Barnett would be a worse loss imo, but lee might be a better player in the end if you guys know what i mean

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I'll be keen to see how Holland goes tonight. He didn't do a thing in first game for Dogs bar kick that goal. If he didn't do that there would be zero news about him. He's a solid player but never saw him as someone to break the game open for you with a booming run etc.

I was happy with Feeney's effort yesterday. His defensive decisions were ok and his lead up work was solid too. Except for the glaring mistake of not passing earlier to Aku for that certain try.

He's not a long term option there so if we were able to grab Lee that'd be a huge improvement.

Barnett is apparently down to a player swap... I don't think we have/can afford to lose another fringe player for him.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I'll be keen to see how Holland goes tonight. He didn't do a thing in first game for Dogs bar kick that goal. If he didn't do that there would be zero news about him. He's a solid player but never saw him as someone to break the game open for you with a booming run etc.

I was happy with Feeney's effort yesterday. His defensive decisions were ok and his lead up work was solid too. Except for the glaring mistake of not passing earlier to Aku for that certain try.

He's not a long term option there so if we were able to grab Lee that'd be a huge improvement.

Barnett is apparently down to a player swap... I don't think we have/can afford to lose another fringe player for him.

You serious? The time he let Moses run right around him then fall over trying to cover Rankin was some of the worst centre defence i have witnessed. He was awful

League_God

Juniors
You serious? The time he let Moses run right around him then fall over trying to cover Rankin was some of the worst centre defence i have witnessed. He was awful

This.

Feeney reeks of Cameron Ciraldo. Remember him? He used to single-handedly tear NSW Cup teams to pieces. Chuck him and first grade and everything goes to shit.

So far in Feeney's FG career all i've seen is a player with poor handling, poor decision-making, and poor defence.
Not to mention he's been physically dominated basically every time he's taken a hit-up

Frederick

Staff member
If Barnett is down to a player swap, why the f**k did we not arrange it when we gave them Tapine?

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I was being serious mate yeah. Granted he wasn't brilliant, but considering he was playing out of position and probably isn't going to have a huge FG career he did a respectable job. Personally he did more in yesterday's game in attack the Pat Mata'utai has done. Pats only saving grace is he has a solid defense read.

Unfortunately though this is our current crop with Sione being our only worth while center I thought he did a solid job against a team that didn't play very well against us. Trust me if we played him there against the Broncos I'd be very VERY worried. But luckily Sione is back.

Holland would probably have been a better choice as a back up but he wanted to chase &
$$ and Hasler promise of FG. And good on him but I do t think he'll be setting the world alight anytime soon unless he has to kick a goal again.