What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Cooper is more in line with a suitable trade. I rate him. He, Mataora and the Safitis will do me just nicely as prop rotation. I think Jacob may be backrower though. We just need that strike backrower now. The link to our young backs.

I think the fact Cooper is now part of the trade talk suggests Browny knows damn well Mary wants Tariq sooner rather than later and has asked him to come back with a more respectful trade. Man is one hell of a poker player if this works out. Barnett and Cooper makes us look a lot better for depth and aggression.

Last edited:

Wato

Juniors
That seems insane he and frizzel are their two best forwards, why would they swap cooper for sims? I would be very happy to get mike cooper he can play prop or lock he pumps out great stats and can bend the line.

I would not mind betting Mary is considering trying to sign Segeyaro before June 30 and needs the money hence the Cooper talk. Segeyaro just got dumped to reserve grade. Saints are chasing him for next year.

Wato

Juniors
That's a good point they have been linked to him for a while don't know why they have gone cold on rein so suddenly his one of their more consistent attacking players and fullback should really be their priority.

Wato

Juniors
Wonder where he will end up their are not too many clubs not already well served in the hooker department most clubs either have an established hooker or a young player like Levi, McInnes or parcel who the club see as the long term number nine. If Penrith let seggy go they may go after him.

borat

Bench
Legally, TSims has to be paid his full $600k (he could choose to forgo it, but why would he?). The Dragons wont have much room in their cap for this year, so we'd be paying the majority.

We wouldnt gain much cap space from moving him on and we would lose what little bit he does offer.

Dragons have plenty of cap space having released 2 players recently (Peter M being one) and not replaced them. We don't have 600k but would still be substantial

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Dragons have plenty of cap space having released 2 players recently (Peter M being one) and not replaced them. We don't have 600k but would still be substantial

So then we start to get the situation of the knight paying a portion of his contract even though he is playin somewhere else...

Brown might consider that to be a shit deal and prefer to keep him. Maybe we are holding out for a better offer (the Mike Copper rumour would be f*cking ace) or maybe Brown thinks he can contribute to the the clubs culture for the short time he has left here.

borat

Bench
So then we start to get the situation of the knight paying a portion of his contract even though he is playin somewhere else...

Brown might consider that to be a shit deal and prefer to keep him. Maybe we are holding out for a better offer (the Mike Copper rumour would be f*cking ace) or maybe Brown thinks he can contribute to the the clubs culture for the short time he has left here.

So Brown talking up Mitch Barnett in the Herald today, who is still under contract at Canberra until end of next year.

So if it came down to releasing Sims, paying part of his salary for the rest of 2016, signing Barnett on a 2yr + deal and still saving some cap (assuming Barnett comes cheap). Surely that makes more sense then keeping hold of a player who is walking at year end anyway and without the prospect of finals football in 2016.

This I can see happening. Reckon you will see some sabre rattling over the next few weeks in an attempt to negotiate who pays what of Sims freight before this deal is done prior to June 30.

Dragons are never going to offer Cooper or Matthews for that matter, it will be Marketo, McCarthy or Lui. Someone who isn't needed to the dragons. That would be a bigger mistake because then you lose what salary cap you gain in releasing Sims, all for another bog average footballer.

No reason Saints can't offload the players they don't want to another club in return for us getting a player from that club or another. These sort of deals have gone on before but get complicated with all the exchanges.

I do not want discards. Barnett is a player we chased from early season when Tapine issue was going on. It is Cooper or no one.

Last edited:
Beau Scott has apparently been asked to leave the Eels immediately.
I'd have him back for a season or two. Issue is treatment for his son.
Only source is a Tigers forum. He's been linked to them

perverse

Referee
I don't think he mailed it in here until it became clear he want going to be here anymore. Having said that, as had been mentioned, he went back to sydney to get his kid closer to decent medical experts, so I can't see him coming back in any case.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Yep, exactly. Scott was a machine for us up until he signed the deal with Parra.

Was obviuosly a combo of his mind not being on the job and on his kid as well as the general feeling of "we dont give a f**k" from the entire playing group

Latest posts