What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Still Nutty

Juniors
Serious question. Would you guys accept a rebranding of the club? A literal reboot of our origins.

I pretty much agree with Nuffy's points on this...

my other question would be what to?

As mentioned by Nuffy, from a fan base perspective, I don't think there is a lot to gain as we have shown that even as repeat wooden spooners we still have supporter based that are prepared to part with their hard earned. Although the counts are ridiculous, the roll up against the Eels on a Monday night and our season attendance overall I think has been the envy of many other clubs, all things considered...admittedly that might wane towards the end of this year.

If you are chasing corporate $$$, that might have some limited appeal but I expect they are more looking for financial stability, relatively low debt and a brand that is marketable and able to provide a return on investment...if we rebrand, it could go one of 2 ways but I expect it is less likely that it would a positive in the initial launch and that would seem counter productive to it's intended impact to improve things.

That's just my opinion though...

Last edited:

Still Nutty

Juniors

Yep probably the case that this is his biggest hurdle...

I am genuinely of the belief though that he is not looking around for alternatives or an easy way out...I think he wants to be here to contribute if his body and the coaching staff will let him:?

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
No doubt about that. I think the fact he came back early from injury so many times to help the team is why is body is wrecked now.

PhilGould

Bench
Why would he be looking to leave? He's getting paid shitloads to play half a season of inconsistent footy then sit on the sidelines for the other half. And most fans still worship him. He would have no reason to want to leave.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I don't know who Nathan Ryan is but that sucks. Would love to hear some positive news on the signing front. We're super quiet.

TBF, we always are quiet until things are as good as set in stone

Its one of the things i think our management get right more often than not

Rod

Bench
According to the DT Brendan Elliot and Mitch Barnett are done deals and could even play against the Warriors.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
STRUGGLING Newcastle Knights are poised to announce the mid-season signings of Sydney Roosters centre Brendan Elliot and Canberra backrower Mitchell Barnett to bolster their injury-ravaged squad.

The Daily Telegraph has been told both players could be on deck for the bottom-placed Knights as early as Saturday when they take on the Warriors at Hunter Stadium with coach Nathan Brown believed to be considering rushing the pair into his 17 if they are released in time.

It is understood the Knights have already agreed to terms with both players and they could train with their new club as early as Wednesday if their clearances from the Roosters and Raiders come through in time.

Elliot, a Queenslander who played his junior football with Runaway Bay before being signed by the Roosters, has played 14 NRL games and is tipped to play in the centres against the Warriors if Nathan Ross is ruled out with a calf injury.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brendan-elliot-mitchell-barnett-set-to-join-newcastle-knights-and-boost-injuryravaged-squad/news-story/82a7fee48c834abccc9eba349d7a7bce

Still Nutty

Juniors
LOL - just noted the new Avatar mcavity...should that be part of the 'rebranded' knights new motif?

"It's only a flesh wound?!" LOL:lol:

Last edited:

Still Nutty

Juniors
TBF, we always are quiet until things are as good as set in stone

Its one of the things i think our management get right more often than not

Yep - I agree that it is one of the positives for me about how we do business when it comes to seeking and signing players

LOL - just noted the new Avatar mcavity...should that be part of the 'rebranded' knights new motif?

"It's only a flesh wound?!" LOL:lol:

It would be an awesome badge to have. "Oh I see, running away aye! You yellow bastards" blasting over the PA after we get smacked.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
It'll be us. Toohey has said contracts have been signed for Elliott and Barnett - just waiting for NRL to register them, and they could possibly line up for us this week

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I don't know much about these two players but hopefully they can come in and add something to the squad. You would think that Barnett would have to be better than Fitzgibbon at the very least and that would earn him a bench spot.

Latest posts