What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

League_God

Juniors
I reckon Gagai may be tempted to make a move. Mixing it in origin might give him a taste of what he has been missing out on. Bennett might still want him.

I'd be sad to see him go, but at this stage I think it could be for the best.

1.*insert legit fullback's name here*
2.Jake Mamo
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Pete Mata'utia
5.Nathan Ross

I'd have both Sione and Pete ahead of gags in the centres because of their D. Gags needs to bulk up imo to play in the centres.

1qaz

Juniors
1.*insert legit fullback's name here*
2.Jake Mamo
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Pete Mata'utia
5.Nathan Ross

1. Eden
2. Mamo
3. Sione
4. Pete
5. Ross

If Brown does get his man then the Knights backline all of a sudden looks half decent.
Then you have the likes of Pat, Chanel, Feeney as solid backups.
All 3 of them could play anywhere in the back 5 and do an alright job.

1qaz

Juniors
Wait, do you or do you not rate Eden?

He made a couple of mistakes last night but I would put that down to nerves.
He has only played 4 first grade games.
He's a been a standout in QLD Cup.
The Showstopper has seen him played more than me so it's probably best for him to give us a rundown of his games in the QLD Cup.

Spot On

Coach
A couple errors is being very, very nice to him. If Bennett gives him another game I'll be shocked.

If the Broncs had lost last night, Bennett would have cut him up into small pieces, packed him in his bag and personally delivered back to England this week.

Hes signed back to England again for next season hasn't he?

GREG Eden’s Broncos journey is all but over with the British utility back planning to quit the NRL after fielding a $400,000 offer from Super League club Castleford.

Eden has told the Broncos he intends to return home unless a rival NRL club is prepared to tempt the 25-year-old with a competitive offer for next season.

NRL clubs will not be clamouring for his signature after Eden had a night to forget in Brisbane’s 26-18 win over Canberra on Thursday night.

Eden endured a Suncorp Stadium shocker in his fifth game for the Broncos, including two dropped balls.

His low point came just before half-time when he was dragged 10 metres into touch after failing to cleanly retrieve a ball which rolled between his legs.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...d/news-story/76d75fc614e7a30b344b56e5400b7a80

I don't think we need another back and matching $400,000 for him is a joke.

K-Man

Bench
So much of it comes down to having the worst spine in the comp. Not just the worst spine, but the worst individuals in each spine position. Our fullback, halves and hookers would struggle to play those positions in first grade at any other club.

It got me thinking about what a premiership team looks like. So I wondered how many current Knights could I put into the Cowboys team and still have a realistic chance at winning a grand final. I think the result is pretty surprising. Sure they would be worse off, but by how much really? And I'm leaving out the majority of our highest paid players too.

Cowboys if they were forced to field a load of Knights:

1. Coote
2. C Mata'utia / Mamo
3. S Mata'utia
4. Ross
5. Elliot / Uate
6. Morgan
7. Thurston
13. Taumalolo
12. Rochow
11. T Sims
10. Scott
9. Granville
8. Tamou

14. Randell
15. J Saifiti
16. D Saifiti
17. Mataora

So that team has 7 Cowboys and 10 Knights (not including the majority of our 'stars'). Still looks like a great team to me. The point is that quality players in key positions change everything, you don't need 17 fantastic players. But when we do spend, I don't think we spend very wisely. Gagai is on playmaker money but he's a centre who can't tackle.

1qaz

Juniors
So much of it comes down to having the worst spine in the comp. Not just the worst spine, but the worst individuals in each spine position. Our fullback, halves and hookers would struggle to play those positions in first grade at any other club.

It got me thinking about what a premiership team looks like. So I wondered how many current Knights could I put into the Cowboys team and still have a realistic chance at winning a grand final. I think the result is pretty surprising. Sure they would be worse off, but by how much really? And I'm leaving out the majority of our highest paid players too.

Cowboys if they were forced to field a load of Knights:

1. Coote
2. C Mata'utia / Mamo
3. S Mata'utia
4. Ross
5. Elliot / Uate
6. Morgan
7. Thurston
13. Taumalolo
12. Rochow
11. T Sims
10. Scott
9. Granville
8. Tamou

14. Randell
15. J Saifiti
16. D Saifiti
17. Mataora

So that team has 7 Cowboys and 10 Knights (not including the majority of our 'stars'). Still looks like a great team to me. The point is that quality players in key positions change everything, you don't need 17 fantastic players. But when we do spend, I don't think we spend very wisely. Gagai is on playmaker money but he's a centre who can't tackle.

You chuck Thurston, Morgan, Scott, Tamalolo in any side and they'll be up there end of the year.
What's your point?

K-Man

Bench
You chuck Thurston, Morgan, Scott, Tamalolo in any side and they'll be up there end of the year.
What's your point?

The point is that we've wasted too much money on outside backs, ordinary experienced halves and players without an obvious best position (that's your 'cousin').

Replace Gagai, Uate, Hodko, Mullen and Tariq with players worthy of their contracts and the whole team looks different. It can't happen now, but it would be nice to build towards something like that. Hodko for three years really hurts.

1qaz

Juniors
The point is that we've wasted too much money on outside backs, ordinary experienced halves and players without an obvious best position (that's your 'cousin').

Replace Gagai, Uate, Hodko, Mullen and Tariq with players worthy of their contracts and the whole team looks different. It can't happen now, but it would be nice to build towards something like that. Hodko for three years really hurts.

Easily to look it at that way.
The big reason the Knights are rubbish is because they get rolled in the middle.
You replace the Cowboys forwards with the Knights forwards.

1. Coote
2. Feldt
3. O'Neil
4. Linnett
5. Winterstein
6. Morgan
7. Thurston
8. Mantaora
9. Randell
10. Safiti
11. Korbin
12. Barnett