What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Swarzey

Bench
Elliot was solid in first grade. Plenty of Roosters fans I know are scratching their heads why the club was going to and now have released him. IMO, he'll push either Mamo or Denniss out and take a wing spot when Ross is fit. Pretty happy with the signing, it's exactly the kind of player we need to target while our salary cap is still a mess.

Seen very little of Barnett but heard plenty. Sounds like a better option than Fitzgibbon for sure.

perverse

Referee
All I know of Barnett are the few tidbits I've seen around the forums. If I'm remembering the right guy, he's a bit of a lunatic I think. Could be a loose cannon. Could also give the pack a bit of fire.

Edit - after having a bit of a read on the greenhouse, Canberra supporters seem to rate him and think it's a good situation for all involved. Definitely has some aggro about him... might be the Tariq that we thought we were getting with the first model. This could be the gem I was talking about in another thread.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
All I know of Barnett are the few tidbits I've seen around the forums. If I'm remembering the right guy, he's a bit of a lunatic I think. Could be a loose cannon. Could also give the pack a bit of fire.

Edit - after having a bit of a read on the greenhouse, Canberra supporters seem to rate him and think it's a good situation for all involved. Definitely has some aggro about him... might be the Tariq that we thought we were getting with the first model. This could be the gem I was talking about in another thread.

Our gem went to Canberra mid-season.

nick87

Coach

You wont find many Raiders fans who dont rate him. He's a really good young footballer stuck behind a very good pack of forwards. He's definitely a complete f**king lunatic though so that'll need to be managed
He's very skillful for his size too.

I really like him as a footballer. It hurts me that he's playing for you guys. Reminds me of when Ben Cross played for the Knights. I hope he's the best player in a season of 60 point belting :lol:

Elliott was a NSW U 20 rep and in the 2014 U 20s team of the year. Hopefully not another Siotanga Liki Liki type. I think it is fair to say given the Warriors U 20s system is so strong anyone could be picked in that team of the year from there.

Jono078

Referee
I like what I've seen from Elliott in his first grade performances.

I dont think he's special or superstar material but he'll service us as well as McManus did.

macavity

Referee
I like what I've seen from Elliott in his first grade performances.

I dont think he's special or superstar material but he'll service us as well as McManus did.

About the best we can hope for as bottom feeders.

We are kidding ourselves if we think we are going to get any better than "won't embarrass himself" quality.

1qaz

Juniors
Peter Badel from Courier Mail claims we are a good chance of getting Greg Eden from Broncos. Classy fullback who Browny coached in UK. I think this is the start of Browny's SL recruitment drive. If we do sign Eden,there is a strong chance Dane will be back to centre. Eden is a pure fullback.

I apologise The Showstopper.
You were right about Eden.
He looks a very classy player.
There would be a few NRL clubs after his signature after tonight's performance.
This could well be the start of Brown's recruitment drive.

Joel-22

Juniors
not his best game tonight but can we have leilua back? I don't even care about his brain farts, laziness and the fact that he's a jerk he has more ability than any player in our backline. f**k it hurts watching him play for Canberra

Joel-22

Juniors
I apologise The Showstopper.
You were right about Eden.
He looks a very classy player.
There would be a few NRL clubs after his signature after tonight's performance.
This could well be the start of Brown's recruitment drive.

I haven't seen the game, just heard things. This has got to be sarcasm though right?
His stats are woeful lol

1qaz

Juniors
I haven't seen the game, just heard things. This has got to be sarcasm though right?
His stats are woeful lol

He made a couple of mistakes but he came up with some very classy plays as well.
Credit to The Showstopper picking up these classy touches in Eden's QLD Cup games.
This could well be one of Browns most astute signings.

I reckon Gagai may be tempted to make a move. Mixing it in origin might give him a taste of what he has been missing out on. Bennett might still want him.

Latest posts