What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woosh

Head Moderator
why is that, seems a goer from what I’ve seen?
Got touched up by Gagai earlier in the year and was dropped the following week for a month.
He came back playing fullback.
Has some good footwork but very raw and likes to run away from contact.

50251588-6697-4419-BAEB-7-E2-EB88-A0893.gif

Knight Tales

Juniors
Would love to know what centres we are looking at next year after the Niu link. Cos that opens a whole world of possibilities with Gags returning.

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Fair enough. Haven’t paid that much attention just seen he is decent with ball in hand.

Definitely a bit of a live wire and throws a good pass. But I wouldn’t want him defending in our centres on what I’ve seen. Has some good potential but also some serious areas to work on.

The Broncos were showing him the door until his recent run of form must have given them second thoughts, but I would call his form a mixed bag as well.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Would love to know what centres we are looking at next year after the Niu link. Cos that opens a whole world of possibilities with Gags returning.
I think Brent Read got his wires crossed.
The Niu link was before Gagai signed for Newcastle.
Gagai was weighing up his options to go back to the Broncos which would’ve pushed Niu even further down the pecking order.

aqua_duck

Coach
Definitely a bit of a live wire and throws a good pass. But I wouldn’t want him defending in our centres on what I’ve seen. Has some good potential but also some serious areas to work on.

The Broncos were showing him the door until his recent run of form must have given them second thoughts, but I would call his form a mixed bag as well.
To be fair Niu has been a fullback his entire junior career so defensively there'd be a learning curve. He was an absolute gun junior, played in the Australian schoolboys team that had arguably the best schoolboy backline I've ever seen with Saab, Toa, Best and Stephen Crichton and looked every bit as good as any of those guys despite being a year young.
As for the Broncos willing to let him go I mean I don't think that's any slight on him consider they also didn't rate Sam Walker or Reece Walsh

Woosh

Head Moderator
To be fair Niu has been a fullback his entire junior career so defensively there'd be a learning curve. He was an absolute gun junior, played in the Australian schoolboys team that had arguably the best schoolboy backline I've ever seen with Saab, Toa, Best and Stephen Crichton and looked every bit as good as any of those guys despite being a year young.
As for the Broncos willing to let him go I mean I don't think that's any slight on him consider they also didn't rate Sam Walker or Reece Walsh

Tesi’s best chance of making in the NRL is at fullback. He’s a tad small to play in the centres or wing.
From all reports Ikin told him this is how much we think you’re worth take it or leave it.
I don’t think they are too fuss as they are banking on Selwyn Cobbo who IMO is much more rounded player.

Yosh

Coach

Considering Saab, Best and Crichton are almost considered superstars in the making, what happened to To'a? Is he just not as good or have we been using him incorrectly?

Knight Tales

Juniors
Considering Saab, Best and Crichton are almost considered superstars in the making, what happened to To'a? Is he just not as good or have we been using him incorrectly?
Chrichton is a flat track bully. Panthers have screwed pooch signing him over Burton. Burton reminds me of a young Luke Lewis. Dogs best signing in 30 years. Origin written all over him.

aqua_duck

Coach
I've said it many times, he's only ever been picked on the wing in 1st grade, a position he never played in juniors and a position that negates all of his strengths. Toa is a player who does his best work when he can go one on one with a defender with some space to work with. What I've never understood is why To'a has never been given a chance at either fullback or centre and instead we'd rather pick 2 error machines in Mann and Hoy in those positions

Yosh

Coach
Chrichton is a flat track bully. Panthers have screwed pooch signing him over Burton. Burton reminds me of a young Luke Lewis. Dogs best signing in 30 years. Origin written all over him.
I thought he reminded me a lot of Freddy Fitler. Great step, good build but has skills galore.

Johns Magic

Referee

For a fullback he looked like he’d never caught a high ball in his life against us

Old dog

Juniors
Sad to see him go, has had a good season, hard to understand his reasoning don’t imagine the pay difference would warrant the move or the guarantee of a starting/more minutes spot. Good luck to him

Latest posts