What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Very true. But do you let young talent pass you by because you need a certain type of senior player which has yet to present itself as a solid option? It would be great if Lewis and Bird both said they wanted to help the younger lads here and that was their motivation for coming here. It would be a huge boost for the younger players to hear that.

Frederick

Staff member
Do we need another young guy (22 y.o)?
He does have experience and can play centre,lock or 2nd row. We do need a fwd that can fill in the backline if there is an injury.
I wouldn't see him as a replacement for Smith since we need a matured experienced player up front to help these guys along.

22, but played over 100 games already and represented England 5 times

Very true. But do you let young talent pass you by because you need a certain type of senior player which has yet to present itself as a solid option? It would be great if Lewis and Bird both said they wanted to help the younger lads here and that was their motivation for coming here. It would be a huge boost for the younger players to hear that.

I doubt we'd get Lewis and Bird. Bird is on $550k and would come with a possible upgrade for Rochow.
If we went for Bird close to that we'd be doing what Brown has said we aren't prepared to do at this stage when referring to Tariq.
Lewis was offered $180k by the Sharks but we'd need to up that a bit.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I doubt we'd get Lewis and Bird. Bird is on $550k and would come with a possible upgrade for Rochow.
If we went for Bird close to that we'd be doing what Brown has said we aren't prepared to do at this stage when referring to Tariq.
Lewis was offered $180k by the Sharks but we'd need to up that a bit.

I think if we offered Lewis $250 that would be good value for us. He would also be a walk up starter in our back row which he isn't getting at Cronulla just now.

I think if we offered Lewis $250 that would be good value for us. He would also be a walk up starter in our back row which he isn't getting at Cronulla just now.

That's around the figure I was thinking. Maybe more. Stockwell is on $325k and *should* be looking for an early release.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Sorry but im not getting excited about any ESL player signings until i see them perform in the NRL

That comp has a habit of making plodders look like superstars

There's been a pretty good strike rate with English imports over the last 5 years. Hopefully that doesn't mean we are due for a dud one.