What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

1qaz

Juniors
Easily to look it at that way.
The big reason the Knights are rubbish is because they get rolled in the middle.
You replace the Cowboys forwards with the Knights forwards.

1. Coote
2. Feldt
3. O'Neil
4. Linnett
5. Winterstein
6. Morgan
7. Thurston
8. Mantaora
9. Randell
10. Safiti
11. Korbin
12. Barnett
13. Smith

14. Levi
15. Paea
16. Pauli Pauli
17. Safiti

Doesn't look too good does it?

So Kman since you like to play in fantasy land.
How about we swap the Knights forwards with the Cowboys forwards.

1. Gagai
2. Mamo
3. Sione
4. Ross
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
8. Scott
9. Granville
10. Tamou
11. Cooper
12. Lowe
13. Taumalolo

14. Kostjasyn
15. Asiata
16. Bolton
17. Hannant

All of a sudden the Knights team looks very competitive and exciting.
They won't get rolled though the middle and the spine has something to play the back of

Allstar Knights

Juniors

1. Gagai
2. Mamo
3. Sione
4. Ross
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
8. Scott
9. Granville
10. Tamou
11. Cooper
12. Lowe
13. Taumalolo

14. Kostjasyn
15. Asiata
16. Bolton
17. Hannant

They won't get rolled though the middle and the spine has something to play the back of
Yeah, nah.

Maybe if we had a FG standard fullback.

K-Man

Bench

1. Gagai
2. Mamo
3. Sione
4. Ross
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
8. Scott
9. Granville
10. Tamou
11. Cooper
12. Lowe
13. Taumalolo

14. Kostjasyn
15. Asiata
16. Bolton
17. Hannant

Hodkinson and Mullen and Gagai would still struggle to get the job done.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
It's funny. At the start of the year I said our centres were our weakness in the backline

At this point, it appears to be the total opposite

Toohey today confirmed we are interested in Bird and if Titans release him ( contracted till 2017) we will be waiting. Who knows which way Rochow's contract goes given Bird is his brother in law. Lewis is an interesting one. We are continually linked to him in the fairfax media but the Daily Telegraph and in particualr Toohey are adamant we are not interested.

Last edited:
Bird speculation puts pressure on us to re-sign Rochow early. I reckon we'll use too much cap on them.
I don't really want Bird but I reckon he may work out.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
No thanks, Bird's best footy is behind him and I've always felt that his standard at club football was way down on his origin standard. He comes across as a bit of a w@nker anyway and I think he'd be a negative influence on our club culture.

John Bateman is the Pom apparently. Think poor mans Shaun Fensom.

Anywhere from 6/1 to 12/1 for the Man Of Steel award depending on the agency.. Tomkins, Roby and Carney are the ones in front of him. His odds have blown out because he is currently suspended by Wigan for an alleged off field altercation with another player. He is a Bradford junior. The same nursery which bred Fielden, The Burgess boys, Peacock and Whitehead. Bradford are essentially the Pom version of us. Being a Bradford fan would suck so bad. This could be their pack. Everyone of those is a current International for England.

George Burgess
Tom Burgess
Elliott Whitehead
John Bateman
Sam Burgess

All Bradford juniors.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-warriors/john-bateman-v-ben-currie-a-great-showdown-1-7878723

I think you will find he is a bit more than a poor man's Shaun Fensom. He is also highly versatile.

Last edited:
If it is Currie then I think in time people will be very happy. Hokko copping it from Joey again on Ch 9 and in all fairness I think Joey has a point this time.

Last edited:
John Bateman is the Pom apparently. Think poor mans Shaun Fensom.

Do we need another young guy (22 y.o)?
He does have experience and can play centre,lock or 2nd row. We do need a fwd that can fill in the backline if there is an injury.
I wouldn't see him as a replacement for Smith since we need a matured experienced player up front to help these guys along.