What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Johns Magic

Referee
Knights great no doubt- you AAA grade flog

Most fans of all clubs on LU would know who Dobson was as general league knowledge.

“Who the f**k is Michael Dobson?” - embarrassing when it turns out he played for the Knights who you supposedly follow not that long ago.

It’s fine that you’re either clueless or a rookie. Just shut up and don’t be such a f**king hero.

Add it to the list.

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey’s News

- Tex Hoy’s move to the Super League is back on but won’t happen until next season. 2-year deal with Hull FC. Toohey says Will Pryce potentially joining next season meant it was unlikely Hoy would get an offer from the Knights.
- Knights are ramping up extension talks with Dom Young for at least an extra 2 years. Quotes from his manager make it seem like he’s keen to stick around.
- Couple more bits on Dom that Toohey presumably got from his manager; he’ll have to decide between playing for Jamaica alongside his brother Alex or representing England at the World Cup later this year, assuming he’s picked. He’s also already being chased for endorsement deals off the field.
- No deadline on Milford’s decision but it’s not expected to drag out much longer. “Knights insiders” believe it’s 50/50.
- Jake Clifford’s future with the Knights hinges on how successful they are in bringing a new half in. Earlier this season they were talking about extending his deal which now seems unlikely.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Toohey’s News

- Tex Hoy’s move to the Super League is back on but won’t happen until next season. 2-year deal with Hull FC. Toohey says Will Pryce potentially joining next season meant it was unlikely Hoy would get an offer from the Knights.
- Knights are ramping up extension talks with Dom Young for at least an extra 2 years. Quotes from his manager make it seem like he’s keen to stick around.
- Couple more bits on Dom that Toohey presumably got from his manager; he’ll have to decide between playing for Jamaica alongside his brother Alex or representing England at the World Cup later this year, assuming he’s picked. He’s also already being chased for endorsement deals off the field.
- No deadline on Milford’s decision but it’s not expected to drag out much longer. “Knights insiders” believe it’s 50/50.
- Jake Clifford’s future with the Knights hinges on how successful they are in bringing a new half in. Earlier this season they were talking about extending his deal which now seems unlikely.
Assuming he is picked! LOL. Shaun Wane should be sacked if he is overlooked.

PhilGould

Bench
STICKING POINT IN KNIGHTS’ BATTLE WITH DOLPHINS FOR MILFORD

The Knights’ bid to hold off the Dolphins in the race for five-eighth Anthony Milford is set to come down to money.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dave Riccio reported on Triple M’s Saturday Scrum that Milford is likely to stay with the Knights if they can trump the Dolphins in terms of financial incentive.

“The Knights are keen to keep him... they’ve commenced those negotiations to try and keep him,” Riccio told Triple M’s Saturday Scrum.

“But the Dolphins need some answers in their halves. The Dolphins still have 11 spots to fill and time is running out as far as getting a roster together to start by November 1.

“That’s when pre-season begins and it will come quickly. They just haven’t been able to land that controlling half at this point in time. We know Sean O’Sullivan from Penrith is coming.

“But money will talk. Money will determine that next move for Milford and if the Knights can get a decent offer together I have got no doubt he will stay.”

Reports emerged the Knights are set to offer Milford a three-year extension, while the Dolphins have upped their offer from one year to two.

Milford has said in the past he is keen to return to Queensland under former coach Wayne Bennett, so the Knights will need to come up with a lucrative offer to get him to stay.

The 27-year-old has scored 70 tries in 198 games for the Raiders, Broncos and Knights since his debut in 2013 and has played two Origins for Queensland and eight Tests for Samoa.

Johns Magic

Referee
as in a no body, you really are all yawn. Nothing particular to add to any discussion and really just va flog arent ya.

My guess is you have very few friends and arent particularly happy in life.......and deservedly so.

“I bet you have no friends” . f**king hell.

Thanks for confirming that you are a kid who started watching footy in the last couple of years. Lots of clues along the way so this couldn’t be passed up.

Which would be fine. Except that you got your internet licence a few months ago, joined the forum, and have been over-opinionated and antagonistic from the start. Desperate to try and show how much smarter you are than everyone else - making it up on the fly.

Moments like this are just too juicy exposing the facade.

“The fact I don’t know who he is may be telling”.

Yes it is. Of you and your footy knowledge. On display for everyone to know to take your posts with a grain of salt.

END

Now go on and call me a flog again.

Johns Magic

Referee
Toohey’s News

Milford/Pryce/Ponga as 7/6/1 looks the plan. I don’t see us chasing a Brooks or anyone if we land those guys as planned.

All great talents with playmaking skills. Pryce is back in the halves at the moment and done well the last couple of weeks.

None of them your classic chief organiser though. I guess between the three of them we are hoping they can shoulder the load without a classic 7.

League guru

Juniors
Milf at 7 would be a train wreck, never worked at the broncs and just last night he went to pieces when Clune was off for HIA
I can't believe anyone is fighting over Milfords signature. He has got nothing, won't run the ball or take a tackle. Then on the 6th kick it to the fullback. The same rubbish he served up at the Bronks over the last few seasons.

Jono078

Referee
I can't believe anyone is fighting over Milfords signature. He has got nothing, won't run the ball or take a tackle. Then on the 6th kick it to the fullback. The same rubbish he served up at the Bronks over the last few seasons.
You can’t believe it? If you watched our halves performances prior to Milf coming then you’d believe it.

PhilGould

Bench
Signing Milford as a key part of your longterm plans is a desperation move, not something a smart (or even just competent) football department does.

I'd back Will Pryce to deliver 80% of what Milf has for us for cheaper and with actual room to improve and be a part of our future.

Jono078

Referee
Should clarify with my last post it doesn’t necessarily mean I’m for it, especially not if it’s a bidding war. But I can understand why.. AOB’s career is on the line next year. So he may be as desperate for the short term options.

Old dog

Juniors
We should go all out to get Milford, lack of alternatives is the main reason. We need to improve our halves and signing him for 2yrs plus option and still looking for another is way to go. Happy enough for Clifford and Clune to supply fill in or back up until we get others developed or bought.

Latest posts