What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Noname36

First Grade
Lamb is a few years away. Cogger will never be up to it.

We need to basically recruit a team of poms - not sure how else we can even get competitive.

Not sure why everyone is so critical of Cogger. He's clearly not up to it yet in defence but he's a tiny 18-year-old. He was much improved today and had Papalli after him. He's shown some smarts in attack. Way too early to write him off yet.

Spot On

Coach
Not all players progress at the same rate.

Not sure why some have any expectation at all of Cogger just because young Cleary and a few others have looked good in their first few games.

There's no doubt this stint is doing him good. He will return a better player next year. Bigger, stronger and more confident.

Hopefully, for Mac, he'll somehow be quicker!

Knight Vision

First Grade
Not sure why everyone is so critical of Cogger. He's clearly not up to it yet in defence but he's a tiny 18-year-old. He was much improved today and had Papalli after him. He's shown some smarts in attack. Way too early to write him off yet.

Agreed, way too early to be writing off and 18 yr old boy. From what I've seen he has all the makings of a very good player. Lamb and Cogger are our future.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Not all players progress at the same rate.

Not sure why some have any expectation at all of Cogger just because young Cleary and a few others have looked good in their first few games.

There's no doubt this stint is doing him good. He will return a better player next year. Bigger, stronger and more confident.

Hopefully, for Mac, he'll somehow be quicker!

Cleary is playing in a team full of confidence and with several SOO players or fringe players. Cogger is playing in a team of kids being battered from pillar to post. There is no comparison.

macavity

Referee
To his credit, Cogger had his best game by a mile today.

Still not convinced, but he held his gloves up and made a good account of himself.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't think anyone is convinced that Cogger will make it either, but it's waaaaay too soon to be writing him off or saying he'll never be up to it. He's a small 18-year-old trying to defend in a side that is pretty much defensively shocking across the board for god sake.

At the very least he's shown much more smarts in attack that Hodko put it that way. He'd be in the u20s for the next couple of years - he's only in FG because Mullen and Lamb both picked up serious injuries.

I'm a bit more worried about Lamb at the moment because he's extremely talented but is built like a jockey. At least Cogger looks like he has the potential to fill out a little.

macavity

Referee
I don't think anyone is convinced that Cogger will make it either, but it's waaaaay too soon to be writing him off or saying he'll never be up to it. He's a small 18-year-old trying to defend in a side that is pretty much defensively shocking across the board for god sake.

At the very least he's shown much more smarts in attack that Hodko put it that way. He'd be in the u20s for the next couple of years - he's only in FG because Mullen and Lamb both picked up serious injuries.

I'm a bit more worried about Lamb at the moment because he's extremely talented but is built like a jockey. At least Cogger looks like he has the potential to fill out a little.

It's not Cogger getting bigger that worries me - it's him not getting faster. He is slower than Plodkinson. Halves that can't take on the line don't go very far unless they are the worst player in a great team.

Noname36

First Grade
It's not Cogger getting bigger that worries me - it's him not getting faster. He is slower than Plodkinson. Halves that can't take on the line don't go very far unless they are the worst player in a great team.

He can work on that. He'll never be the quickest bloke in the side if he's not naturally fast but speed can be improved. He hasn't looked too slow to me anyway.

Caped Crusader

Juniors

Cogger is getting there. Not sure how his defence is being criticised when he had Papali running at him all day and stopped him every time

I can see a really good first grader in him. He's 18 for Christos sake

Joel-22

Juniors
He can work on that. He'll never be the quickest bloke in the side if he's not naturally fast but speed can be improved. He hasn't looked too slow to me anyway.

Cogger had his best game by a mile today. Made some great tackles and ran the ball to the line which is hugely important.

I don't see this lack of speed either

Spot On

Coach
I also like how he took it to the line today. Like that a lot.

I also don't think he looks too slow.

But I was the one who said Feeney looked slow so I have no idea.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Johns wasnt what I'd call fast and neither is Thurston

aqua_duck

Coach
I think it's very premature to be making any judgements of Cogger and Lamb. I mean ideally they would have been playing under 20's all year this year and a full year of NSW cup next year, unfortunately we can't afford that luxury

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I hope Mullen is back soon so Cogger can go back to 20's and hopefully rip it up there for the rest of the year. Then perhaps he might get a game or two of NRL next year if we have some injuries and we can see how he has progressed since his first stint. Then in 2018 if he gets a more extended run we'll probably be able to make a much more true judgement of his credentials then.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I hope Mullen is back soon so Cogger can go back to 20's and hopefully rip it up there for the rest of the year. Then perhaps he might get a game or two of NRL next year if we have some injuries and we can see how he has progressed since his first stint. Then in 2018 if he gets a more extended run we'll probably be able to make a much more true judgement of his credentials then.

Id honestly prefer to see him go to NSW Cup and play against men rather than NYC. He'll get much more out of it imo