What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
sione 24.2%
gagai 24.8%

out of all the options in the centres, ross seems to be the least hopeless defensively.
*doesn't mean he's great and small sample size

sione is missing 3.4 tackles a game this year
gagai missed 2.6 tackles per game in 2015

one of them is lauded as a good defender, the other dismissed as a turnstile

I don't know if the missed tackle counts are always the best indicator. NRL Stats had Cogger only missing one tackle last week. It doesn't really count bad reads. The other thing is a lot of Gagai's missed tackles don't even slow he runner down whereas as some missed tackles might at least result in the attacker being knocked off balance and tackled by someone else before they get back to full speed.

Spot On

Coach
Agree with the above.

Stats are nice to play with. They tell part of the story.

Just watch the game and you'll see for yourself where each player's strengths and weaknesses are.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Agreed, I would also argue that Sione makes more tackles that force errors which Gags doesn't do. Sione is forcing at least 1 error per game if not more with his tackling technique so I think that's a pretty positive pay-off.

otori

Juniors
God-damn were not even talking about the benefits of potential players anymore. Can you take this crap to the Gagai thread and go play with 1qaz and friends?

Rod

Bench
Holmes, Bird and Matt Gillett according to RLW.

Article also says we're not paying up to the cap this year. Maybe I missed it but was this common knowledge?

macavity

Referee

Article also says we're not paying up to the cap this year. Maybe I missed it but was this common knowledge?

Two under contract, one has said he isn't leaving Brisbane.

I don't understand the cap thing - we are "paying back the NRL so not spending to the cap".... WTF. I mean it's harder to believe that this team is worth the cap, but still...

Talk in daily Tele Hokko to Dragons possibly next year. If we sign Holmes and Gillett in 2018 faith in club restored.

Hodko goes with us paying part of his salary. Nobody would sign him for $600k. Still, we could do something with $300k.
We'd need a goal kicker.

Nuffy

Bench
If we pick up half of his salary, we are even dumber than if we keep him.

Then based on past experience, we'll pay.

If Saints want him then let them pay as they reached out to us.

Particularly as Lamb and Cogger are years away.

macavity

Referee
Then based on past experience, we'll pay.

If Saints want him then let them pay as they reached out to us.

Particularly as Lamb and Cogger are years away.

Lamb is a few years away. Cogger will never be up to it.

We need to basically recruit a team of poms - not sure how else we can even get competitive.

Nuffy

Bench
Lamb is a few years away. Cogger will never be up to it.

We need to basically recruit a team of poms - not sure how else we can even get competitive.

So keep Trent, I am sick of making every other team better on every deal.

Latest posts