What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Tapine is going the way of Paterson, only he never reached his heights and is regressing much quicker.

Such a shame.

Swarzey

Bench
Tapine is going the way of Paterson, only he never reached his heights and is regressing much quicker.

Such a shame.

tumblr_inline_mnycmwfYW41qz4rgp.gif

Anyways, Pauli will be a handy pick up. Good size, good punch, really what we needed to sign.

harrywilliams

Juniors

Such a shame.

He's only played a handful of games and played barely any minutes in those so how do you know, sorry but that was a weird statement to make.

perverse

Referee
Well, he's big. I can see Pauli Pauli backfiring. Apparently he's lazy, not many tears being shed by Parra supporters. He's young and has potential though.

Tapine leaving first chance he gets wouldn't surprise me. I've seen no heart in the kid thus far. Will chase the money.

Pauli Pauli could go either way but he is enormous so that helps. If we got Lloyd Perrett as well then that is pretty slick recruiting by Brown. All of a sudden we have one of the biggest packs in the comp.

If we by some miracle land Boyd Cordner then Tapine has no longer got any bargaining power. Cannot forget that Tariq is off contract as well. I don't see Tariq leaving though unless Browny doesn't want him.

Last edited:

harrywilliams

Juniors
I love the second a player gets even remotely linked to another club some come out with criticism against them in preparation for their slim chance of exit being their loss not ours.

Toohey said today that we aren't letting him go and Brown has already said that their sole focus is on retaining him and the other young players coming off contract. One dumb comment that could have meant anything by one of the dumbest players in the NRL (Leilua) and now we're here.

I don't question his heart, he just needs to fire up more and if Brown can show him he has confidence in him (which Stone failed to do) and get him in the right head space then I think we'll see a whole new Tapine this year.

Noname36

First Grade

Such a shame.

Where the heck have you gotten this from?

Tapine has only played a handful of games and last season appeared to be improving the more time he got.

Paterson broke out with a bang but regressed terribly after that.

Completely different situation.

slotmachine

First Grade
I get that there are a few red flags with Tapine at the moment.
Poor on-field attitude at times, mates with BJ Leilua, trouble with the law.

IMO he's not a "club-changing" level talent, so if he wants to stay for a fair price (or even a bit less seeing as we developed him and gave him a first grade debut) then great, but I wouldn't be happy with handing out Taumalolo money for someone who has two thirds of the talent at best.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I get that there are a few red flags with Tapine at the moment.
Poor on-field attitude at times, mates with BJ Leilua, trouble with the law.

IMO he's not a "club-changing" level talent, so if he wants to stay for a fair price (or even a bit less seeing as we developed him and gave him a first grade debut) then great, but I wouldn't be happy with handing out Taumalolo money for someone who has two thirds of the talent at best.
Disagree.

Tapine is the best young talent at the club IMO. Just needs minutes and a coach that believes in him to get the best out of him.

Last edited:

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I think that court case really weighed him down for a while there. Once he was cleared his form really improved. Breaking tackles, line breaks and attempted offloads. He's in for a big year this year, let's hope we can hold onto him for a good price.

perverse

Referee
I don't know how you could say Tapine is a better prospect than Levi or Sione. Levi has looked way better in firsts in his limited opportunities, and Sione has already played for Australia and a full season of first grade. Tapine has shown that he's awkward to tackle, and that's it... and looked like he didn't give a shit while he was at it.

I could take or leave Tapine at this stage. He's not the next SBW. If he turns down a fair offer, I won't lose any sleep. Losing Levi would be tragic. He's the one I'm most excited about by a long way. He was practically exploding out of his skin in every minute he played of firsts thus far. Great energy, great attitude, great talent. When you start thinking future leadership at the club, Levi is the one who stands out heads and shoulders above the rest, too.

Tapine is being targeted for next year when he is off contract. Broncos and raiders apparently in the mix ( http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3662759/knights-wary-of-rivals-tapping-up-tapine/ ) I seriously doubt he will go this year unless he signs with someone else for next year and doesn't want to play for the club.
Knights chief executive Matt Gidley said he was aware that the Junior Kiwis representative had attracted interest from rival clubs but was hopeful he would re-sign.

“We’ve had a number of discussions with Joe, his manager and his family, and we’ve absolutely made it clear that we want to retain him,’’ Gidley said.

“Joe knows how highly we regard his potential and that we see him as an integral part of our team long-term, if he wants to be. Joe’s been with us for a few years, and his mother has relocated from New Zealand to live here, so I know he’s happy here.

“It’s just a matter of working through the process.’’

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I don't know how you could say Tapine is a better prospect than Levi or Sione. Levi has looked way better in firsts in his limited opportunities, and Sione has already played for Australia and a full season of first grade. Tapine has shown that he's awkward to tackle, and that's it... and looked like he didn't give a shit while he was at it.

I could take or leave Tapine at this stage. He's not the next SBW. If he turns down a fair offer, I won't lose any sleep. Losing Levi would be tragic. He's the one I'm most excited about by a long way. He was practically exploding out of his skin in every minute he played of firsts thus far. Great energy, great attitude, great talent. When you start thinking future leadership at the club, Levi is the one who stands out heads and shoulders above the rest, too.
Did you see Tapine's game against Brisbane?

He was causing huge headaches down their left edge with his footwork and set up two tries. He also made over 40 tackles that game which is a good effort. When he's given some decent minutes and a fair go he is capable of playing very well.

Latest posts