What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Noname36

First Grade
Barnett is a bit of a strange target. We have enough young and inexperienced (aka untested) players.

I know we've moved Tariq on, might lose Rochow and lost Tapine but surely with all the money we're freeing up we could find someone a bit better and most importantly, more experienced than someone like Barnett.

macavity

Referee
if we don't we'll be running out the knights under 23s team in 2017, and get a third spoon on the trot

Pretty much guaranteed already mate.

They have declared a "locals only" policy, and we simply don't have the quality of player available to us to do any better if we persist with this frankly absurd policy.

It isn't like we can reclaim Cordner, Jackson, Bird and Ennis and start from there.

Absurd when you put it like that isn't it - the entire Blues starting backrow should have been Knights, meanwhile back row is a huge weakness for us.

Anyway, yeah no. 15th would be an accomplishment next year. Will be stunned if we make 3 wins this year, and we won't be any better next.

Turton Road

Juniors
We're close to signing Greg Bird. The issue is he wants to play with Robbie and the Knights are baulking on his contract. Would be a great leader for our young forward pack I reckon

Jono078

Referee
We're close to signing Greg Bird. The issue is he wants to play with Robbie and the Knights are baulking on his contract. Would be a great leader for our young forward pack I reckon

All this KERFFUFLE just to play 6 games a year with Rochow?

Turton Road

Juniors
Just had a kid mate, wants to come home. Plus the Titans were trying to get rid of him 12 months ago. Why do you think butts and Marty have started tossing him up. It's close to happening

Alex28

Coach

Hasn't he essentially said he'll never ever come back. Ever?

Just because Matt Johns says we should make a play for him, does not mean we are actually going for him.

Burwood

Bench
Is the club actually going with a "locals only" policy? I thought Brown and Gidley had gone on record as saying that they are going to give the young locals every opportunity to show if they are up to first grade, and then to plug the gap with imports where needed.

Spot On

Coach
Yes, I've been told many times Bird hates the joint and never wants to return to Newcastle. Something major must have changed/occurred for that to change.

Spot On

Coach
Is the club actually going with a "locals only" policy? I thought Brown and Gidley had gone on record as saying that they are going to give the young locals every opportunity to show if they are up to first grade, and then to plug the gap with imports where needed.

Correct. And Brown is definitely implementing that very plan. The young talent is getting NRL game time, he is punting the useless, overpaid 'stars' that don't put in any effort and hopefully he'll have some key signings over the next 18 months.

Turton Road

Juniors
On a little tangent, but would you guys take a risk on Todd Carney? Play him at fullback if Mullo and Hokko are fit otherwise throw him in the halves. Paul Kent said the other day the NRL would let him back.

macavity

Referee

They will let the locals stink it up, and only replace them if they have shown they suck.

Hardly pro-actively building the best possible squad.

Spot On

Coach
They will let the locals stink it up, and only replace them if they have shown they suck.

Hardly pro-actively building the best possible squad.

As long as Brown doesn't sign the locals up to ridiculous oversized contract dollars and terms then they won't be hard to move on if unimpressive.

Turton Road

Juniors
All for the locals but we should be doing more before June 30. And on the locals note Boyd Cordner, latrell Mitchell, Greg bird ......

Latest posts