What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Swarzey

Bench
The issue was Michael Hagan and IS MATT GIDLEY. Who should be CEO? I'm gonna toss up Clint Newton. Ran the RLPA very well and loves the club. This bloke is switched on.

lolno.

Maybe find a position at the club for him to work up through the ranks, but to go straight into the CEO role would be terrible; he's too connected to the players atm.

Joel-22

Juniors
Does anyone think Mullen will play for us next year?

For some reason, I just can't see it happening. I can see him announcing that he's going to England for 2017 and beyond.

This is based on nothing btw, just a hunch.

Swarzey

Bench
Does anyone think Mullen will play for us next year?

For some reason, I just can't see it happening. I can see him announcing that he's going to England for 2017 and beyond.

This is based on nothing btw, just a hunch.

There's nobody ready. Lamb is the only player close to being a decent fill in and he's still a year or two away from being more than capable of handling first grade without any concern his development will be sent backwards. Feeney will never be first grade standard IMO and Cogger is in the same boat as Lamb, just a bit further behind.

2018 is more likely.

Zak Hardaker from Leeds has asked for a transfer. The reigning Man Of Steel. We should enquire. 6 foot 3 inches of fullback with great pace and strength.

Whats Doing

Bench
If we want to use juniors we could try and entice Mosese and Tevita Pangai back to the Knights. Mosese has been playing well for Blackhawks and Tevita had gone well for the Broncos

Nuffy

Bench
Straight from the horses mouth.

Nuffy and I had our jaws involuntarily drop when Gidley said it.

100% correct. Our entire strategy seems to be based on unearthing a generation of superstars like we did in the late 90s and then assume they will resist market forces and other clubs wont plunder the good ones.

Call me concerned but that was our strategy through the 2000s and we never found another golden crop and the ones who enjoyed long FG careers, most didnt at do it at our club.

So why will we be successful this time around, where is the evidence. Hope isn't a strategy.

And also bear in mind, this time last year, our roster was much better, we seemed to have no cap problems and Stone was the answer to all our problems.

But a feel good, locals first policy buys the admin time and positive PR until the next strategy comes along.