What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Glendale

Juniors
His market value would have surely gone down though considering he's barely played any footy the last two years?

I reckon Sione will probably be our future captain.

mozza91

Coach
Do people really see Rochow as a future captain???? Do others see him as a must sign or special talent???
I do. When fit I think he's our best forward, a good attacking player, runs a a good line and has a decent pasing game, his defence is pretty solid too. If he can keep himself on the park he's definetly a good leader option also, certainly more worthy than Hodkinson or Tariq Sims.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I do. When fit I think he's our best forward, a good attacking player, runs a a good line and has a decent pasing game, his defence is pretty solid too. If he can keep himself on the park he's definetly a good leader option also, certainly more worthy than Hodkinson or Tariq Sims.

I think the key will be whether he can shake the injury prone tag - I have personally always been a Rochow fan and would certainly think he can be a 'leader' for us...after our current crop of 'leaders' (or should that be leaners) he doesn't have a lot to surpass.

If he can string a season or 2 together without spending time on the sideline, I think he will be a quality forward that will be a good investment, at the right price. One thing I really like about Rochow is that he is a team player and does put in 100% for the club and the bloke next to him...the more we can get in the club with that culture, the better.

Last edited:
I think in fairness to Rob he was possibly waiting for an enormous offer that would force his hand before he would leave the club. I have no doubt he loves the club. He has done nothing any other player would not do. According to news reports he is very close to Alex McKinnon as is Korbin. Korbin clearly us his own man picking Qld whereas his brothers qualify for NSW. If he was walking over Tariq it would already have happened.

I have always liked Rochow and what he brings, He has often been one of our best forwards even when he is injured or coming back from an injury. He is the best hole runner and line running forward we have. Injury has really prevented him and the knights using this ability and building a combination with our halves. If he stays injury free he will be great for us.

Rod

Bench
Fensom is decent but he gives away some of the dumbest penalties I've ever seen. Which is not a good fit for us because we already give away enough of those.

slotmachine

First Grade
Beggars can't be choosers. No point targeting players that will never come here like Valentine Holmes or Gillett.

Fensom had 11 runs for 106 metres, 26 tackles 0 missed last night.

Or I guess we could sign no one for 2017 and get another spoon.

Peppers

Juniors
Beggars can't be choosers. No point targeting players that will never come here like Valentine Holmes or Gillett.

Fensom had 11 runs for 106 metres, 26 tackles 0 missed last night.

Or I guess we could sign no one for 2017 and get another spoon.
Exactly - we need an Elijah Taylor or Fensom type player to play lock with one instruction - tackle everything that moves in the middle third.
Those stats above are also on severely reduced minutes to what hes used to - he'd become more valuable if the interchanges drop again.

slotmachine

First Grade
toohey has knocked it on the head anyway.

In his weekend article he said knights will have $1.2 million free for next year if snowden's retirement is okayed by NRL. Apparently that money will get rochow re-signed, bird, kostjaysn, and two other cheap-ish players.

Will have more to play with if Stockwell and Uate find new homes. Pretty ordinary having 15% of the salary cap playing NSW Cup.

According to RLW Uate to Tigers next year if Browny gets his way. Do you think that is a signal that we have a big name target lined up for 2017? And I don't mean Bird.

Glendale

Juniors
Tigers wouldn't be that stupid would they?

Rick Stone just got the job at Huddersfield. To help his old mates out his first two moves should be to 1) Release Wardle to us for 2017 and 2) Buy Uate, seeing as he's been a great mentor for him.

Thanks in advance Stoney.

I reckon we'll need to pay $250k - $300k of Uate's contract.
Nobody will sign him at $500k so his future should be elsewhere - ESL or Rugby.

Latest posts