What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

The way Anasta talks about Newy there is a snowflakes chance in hell ( or truckloads of cash) that Pezet is coming to Newcastle - zero chance

Gardner should walk away and stick to chicken snitty and pokies.

macavity

Referee
So our 800k halfback isn't going anywhere for 2025 but is also unlikely to crack first grade any time soon. The joys of being a Knights fan hey.

Wonder what the plan is if no Pezet. Cross our fingers over the off-season that Hastings magically becomes competent again?

Unless Hastings starts playing like peak Joey AND has a personality transplant zero chance he is re-signed. I have been a big defender but too much smoke to deny theres fire.

macavity

Referee
The way Anasta talks about Newy there is a snowflakes chance in hell ( or truckloads of cash) that Pezet is coming to Newcastle - zero chance

Gardner should walk away and stick to chicken snitty and pokies.

Agents don't want their star kids to go to povvo clubs.

We have money now, but we are still seen as a povvo club.

Apey

Staff member
Unless Hastings starts playing like peak Joey AND has a personality transplant zero chance he is re-signed. I have been a big defender but too much smoke to deny theres fire.
I think most of us were happy with him last year given where we were as a team and before his $$$ became a talking point. He was never going to take us all the way, but he was doing his job. The last injury finished him. He was poor (but not alone) in the trials and we all hoped it was just trial form but unfortunately it seems like it was just the new baseline.

Woody90

Juniors
- A falling out with Blake Cannavo (Phil Gardner's right hand man and "advisor") is the reason that former recruitment officer Adam Doyle has left the club. Toohey suggests it was over a disagreement on the playing future of SG Ball player Will Cannavo (Blake's son).

In all seriousness this is actually really concerning.

Knight Tales

Bench
To be honest, I'm not sure we want to win games full stop.
If only our players were actually selfish about winning. The top clubs player’s see the fans as secondary to their own ambitions I think you will find. They are not there to represent the people first. The admiration of fans at top clubs comes from the winning. Ours has sadly been built on the complete opposite. Is there anything more irritating than a fan with rose coloured glasses.

You're kinda making my point for me here, they have a good half on low coin for 2025. Why let him go for nothing.

Pezet is insurance for Hughes going down in Round 1. Unlike the knights the Storm still want to win games even if one of their key players gets injured.
Not really

They can't afford to keep him on anything more than base wage and if he asks to leave for a bigger money deal they realistically can't stop him. Things have changed a hell of a lot since 2022 when they signed him. He's coming off an ACL injury and now has Wishart ahead of him in the pecking order. Doubt he wants to remain their 3rd string halfback

perverse

Referee
If only our players were actually selfish about winning. The top clubs player’s see the fans as secondary to their own ambitions I think you will find. They are not there to represent the people first. The admiration of fans at top clubs comes from the winning. Ours has sadly been built on the complete opposite. Is there anything more irritating than a fan with rose coloured glasses.
The overly coached crap our players spit out about "doing it for the fans" and how much they love the fans and stuff drives me nuts tbh. f**k off with the platitudes and go out there and rip in already.

Less talk about the fans in the media coaching and locker rooms and more talking about their own ambitions for sure. We'll come along for the ride if they play to win. It's nice to be appreciated, but it'd be nicer to not have to suffer while watching them.

Yosh

Coach
Who cares what they think anymore. O'Sullivan and Parr ain't gonna keep losers around. The era where some ragtag locals and a bunch of journeyman go on a run to win the Premiership is over. It's a professional sport. Let's win.

Latest posts