What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at it this way. We sign Smith and we get 2/3 of the 2010 premiership backrow. Scott and Smith will add plenty of starch next season.
Houston
Scott
Smith
Snowden
Buderus
Mason

Easily the oldest pack in the comp. We will hear plenty about it in the media i am sure.

Last edited:

K-Man

Bench
Look at it this way. We sign Smith and we get 2/3 of the 2010 premiership backrow. Scott and Smith will add plenty of starch next season.
Houston
Scott
Smith
Snowden
Buderus
Mason

Easily the oldest pack in the comp. We will hear plenty about it in the media i am sure.

And fair enough too in my opinion. As I've said before, has the hallmarks of a pack that won't shirk the tough stuff but won't put a lot of doubt into defensive structures either.

Big things needed from McKinnon next year.

Whatever buddy. Arrogant twats you shirescum are for the 6 months every decade your team is able to play decently.

Agree the comment was ordinary, however most likely correct. If Jez wants a release on compassionate grounds and it is granted, he is a free agent to sign where he wants, unless the Knights and Sharks do a deal, you know like we take one of your backs or something like that.

Not Trolling guys, but if Jez wants to move up to Newy, then I say let him do it. He is a good man and has worked his guts out for us. Have man love for him, but he needs to do what's best for him and his family.

Anyway, if he comes to you guys, contrats in advance

rnb11

Juniors
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Smith
13. Houston

That'd have to be one of the most hardened, toughest, defensively sound packs in the NRL. These guys will prevent points and help Gagai, Uate, Boyd, Tahu, McManus, Mullen score points. Love it.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Whatever buddy. Arrogant twats you shirescum are for the 6 months every decade your team is able to play decently.

Are you really going to let that trolling dickwad get the better of you RABK! Dude we are loaded. As of 2014 they will be lining up at the door.

Arrogant??
Mate what I said was spot on, and by no means was I trolling or trying to bait anyone.
We don't need to pay any part of his contract should we release him.
I personally want Jeremy to stay. He's been great for us and I'd be sad to see him go.
However if he wants to be closer to family as has been reported he'd leave with my clubs and the fans best wishes.

DJ just be happy you got Lewis mate. I went overboard calling you a dickwad and for that I apologise. I will say this though. You are as bad as us at poaching from one club and one club alone. Shane Flannigan is coming across as very arrogant at the moment. Carrying on about how he isn't done signing players. Michael jennings now is it? One decent year and you think you are the kings of the world. Lewis, Graham, Gordon and now possibly Jennings. The Cronulla Panthers. LOL. I bet Rothfield shows what a raging hypocrite he is now that his beloved Sharkies are recruiting strongly. He has bagged us for two years for taking from St George. He has bagged every club going for daring to sign others players in bulk. Now that Cronulla are doing it.......... nothing. The minute Snowden left Cronulla he went from being the best prop in the game to being overrated according to Rothfield. Sucked in having the biggest joke in journalism as your area mouthpiece.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
DJ just be happy you got Lewis mate. I went overboard calling you a dickwad and for that I apologise. I will say this though. You are as bad as us at poaching from one club and one club alone. Shane Flannigan is coming across as very arrogant at the moment. Carrying on about how he isn't done signing players. Michael jennings now is it? One decent year and you think you are the kings of the world. Lewis, Graham, Gordon and now possibly Jennings. The Cronulla Panthers. LOL. I bet Rothfield shows what a raging hypocrite he is now that his beloved Sharkies are recruiting strongly. He has bagged us for two years for taking from St George. He has bagged every club going for daring to sign others players in bulk. Now that Cronulla are doing it.......... nothing. The minute Snowden left Cronulla he went from being the best prop in the game to being overrated according to Rothfield. Sucked in having the biggest joke in journalism as your area mouthpiece.

I'm happy for the Sharks and their success. Love watching them play too.

But, this is a very valid point and needs to remain a forum priority. Rothfield needs to feel the heat on this point. Can't have it both ways.

Rolla

Juniors
The Sharks can't chose their supporters. I hate Rothfield but i don't blame the sharks for him.

I am really happy to see the Sharks doing well, I like them and they haven't been blessed with much luck historically.

I haven't seen much of them but watching them last week i think they are a fair way from being a powerhouse, they looked bad (so did the Dragons). But i am sure that was a blemish in an otherwise good season.

Sharks deserve every success. I am not taking anything away from them. I just think they are getting a little bit too ahead of themselves, or at least their coach is. They deserve a title. It will make the NRL more complete in a way. I am all for fairness in journalism and balance. Naive and idealisitic? Maybe. Rothfield's relentless bagging of our club is deeply unfair and upsetting because it has little or no basis in reality. Instead he could understand and accept that Wayne has his eye on the ball and is looking to turn this club into something special.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It was interesting reading Rothfield's article yesterday about Stephen Kearney. He was basically saying that he hadn't performed in the 2 years he was there and needed to be punted. 2 years ago he claimed that Kearney was the second best coach in the comp. Not surprisingly he decided not to mention his previous thoughts on Kearney in the recent article...

DJShaksta

First Grade
NIGC thanks for the apology mate.
I am not getting carried away at all, and yes we are signing some penrith players, but go back 8 years and have a look at the ex Sharks in their premiership team.

I am happy my club is in a position to sign some quality players.
I want that first premiership, every Sharks fan alive wants it. We haven't been looking at a team this good since 99.

Rothfield is a tool. He is a hypocrite, but all clubs have high profile fools as fans.
This years comp is still wide open, it's only gonna take one team to hit a purple patch 3 or 4 weeks from now and carry it through September.

Noname36

First Grade
Eh a lot of clubs sign a bunch of players from the same club. The sharks have signed a bunch from Penrith. Penrith have signed a lot from us, we've signed a bunch from the dragons... It goes around.

Slothfield just needs to shut the f**k up and realise that his beloved sharkies are doing it as well though so maybe he should be giving them the same slamming he's inflicted on other clubs.

shane1970

Juniors
Great news about the big Willie - See you Junior - and i must admit I am a bit hesitant about releasing KOD just yet - showed some good promise in that 9 minutes he got to play.
The other thing about the article I looked at - was the picture on the right of the page of the Bowraville Queenslanders hit on Dean Young - pretty hard to state there was'nt any contact directly to the head !

aqua_duck

Coach
KOD could come back to bite us on the arse but if it means keeping Sims and VaiVai then I won't mind too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts