What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnb11

Juniors
Q: There was talk a current contracted roosters forward wanted out, is it true that the forward in questions is big Frank P N

A: No mate I think its Cordner keen on going back to newcastle, but don't think he's unhappy. he's from up there so might just wanna go home.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-talkback-with-josh-massoud/story-e6frfgbo-1226434250783

Take it how you want but f**k me I hope it happens.

Btw on Fox Sports they're saying Jeremy Smith is already a done deal.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
hmmm, That was all just guess work by Massoud. Would much rather him a Wielder (who cares about his spelling its too early) moment and saying "My sources say"!!!

Will still hold out hope! He's an amazing talent, Tinks singled him out once b4 i think??

Herald stating we very close to resigning edwards to a two yr deal. I'm happy with that guy has put his heart out on the field in recent weeks!! that head gear has given him more confidence to belt people!!

It also stated there close with Houston and Willie!!

so it begs the questing can we get Codner under the cap?? Get rid of Nev would be one suggestion!! like the guy but if it gives the chance for this guy.... Then hells yeh!!!

Noname36

First Grade
I'd happily get rid of Houston and Nev if it meant we could get Cordner and Smith. House is a great clubman but I'm really struggling to find a spot for him in the side.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'd happily get rid of Houston and Nev if it meant we could get Cordner and Smith. House is a great clubman but I'm really struggling to find a spot for him in the side.

Houston to lock, Costigan gone imo. Would Cordner be a starter or come off the bench and provide impact? Smith and Scott may be our starting backrowers?

Yosh

Coach
11. Cordner
12. McKinnon
13. House

That's a pretty good backrow for the next 6~9 seasons!!

aqua_duck

Coach
I honestly don't see where Edwards fits into the equation. Too small to play prop, too unathletic to be a utility, if we get Smith we'll have him and Scott guaranteed starters and then say House as well I don't see the value of Edwards off the bench at all.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think he's definitely stepped up lately and I've halted my criticism of him but just in terms of stylistically I really don't think there's a spot for him. Say our starting pack is:
Mason
Bedsy
Snowden
Scott
Smith
House

Scott and House are both 80 min guys and Smith might well be too; my first 2 benchies would be Cuthbo because he's a strong ball runner and can offload and McKinnon because he can cover in the backs and he's impressed me. The 2 other spots you need guys who can play prop

jonno_knights

Juniors
If we can nab Smith and Cordner for next year our Forward pack is looking mighty strong for not only next year, but the next decade with guys like McKinnon, Cordner, Sims etc.

Still need more props, and need to find a young hooker to groom under Buderus.

I'd take a guy like Cordner over Housten, or Scott for the long term potential. Only problem is if Housten re-signs, he doesnt have a clear path to the knights backrow for quite some time, whereas many other clubs could offer him 80 minutes a week.

chinorocks

Juniors
Every second tackle Gids has made in the past year he has popped his shoulder. At hooker he'd have to make 40 odd a game. I seriously doubt his bodies up to it tbh.

Spot On

Coach
Every second tackle Gids has made in the past year he has popped his shoulder. At hooker he'd have to make 40 odd a game. I seriously doubt his bodies up to it tbh.

Unfortunately this seems to be the case. If Tyrone finishes the year off in great form I fail to see where Gids fits in. He won't be in the halves unless Tyrone has a shocking last 6 weeks or major injury. Fingers crossed.

Tyrone has gotten better by the week ever since Wayne considered and openly stated he planned to drop him. Where Gids goes from here if Tyrone continues upwards in his form is anyone's guess. Another long term injury in ao far as what Wayne decides to do with his contract. I know Kurt's granddad and he told me Kurt is still keen on an ESL stint. St Helens enquire every year.

Rolla

Juniors
May as well keep Gids around until Mullen is eligible for the long club service thing, otherwise we can't take advantage of it at all.

aqua_duck

Coach
Kids is the type of bloke who I think would genuinely put the team 1st if it came down to it. I'm really starting to warm to Tyrone, I love that he's quite instinctive in his play and his very tenacious in D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts