What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats Doing

Bench
Nah, its just that I would rather spend the 500k+ that Farah would be after on some front row depth, especially seeing as though we have hooker covered.

If Kidley is not the option, and when Bedsy retires I would like to bring some rookie in, surely Wayne and his talent scouts have some gun rookies that they have spotted in the lower grades, not necessarily Newcastle juniors either.

We already have a top class spine of Boyd, Mullen, Roberts/Gidley, I think we can afford to blood a gun rookie hooker (if gids doesnt play there). If we were lacking creativity then I would be all for Farah, but we do have a lot of creative playmakers in key positions already.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Farah there then we would have a 'Big 4' so to speak. But most teams get by with a 'Big 2' or 'Big 3' in their spine. The storm get by with 3 gun play makers, the Bulldogs get by with 2 guns (barba and ennis, there is no denying ennis is currently in career best form) and 2 solid halves, The bunnies have 2 guns, 1 Shit half and 1 gun Rookie half... Manly have 1 Solid hooker, 1 gun FB and 2 solid rookie halves..

As I type this I feel like I am struggling to explain my reasoning, hopefully you understand where I am coming from.

For someone that we could get cheap, the Wynnum Manly QCUP hooker Jake Granville is available I understand. He is still quite young (early 20's), QLD Resident hooker, has won 2 QCup premierships and was an absolute standout in the grand final and similarly the year before.

He was under contract with the Storm but I don't think so now.

He is fantastic in attack and knows how to get the forwards over the advantage line.

He is about Bedsy size and plays 80 minutes and is streets ahead of anything we have at hooker at the club behind Bedsy.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yep, Granville would be a nice little pick up for us. I watched the ITSC on Sunday and he impressed me with his great runs from DH and his solid 1-1 defence. A lot of Broncos and Storm fans were saying he'd be too small for FG but I tend to disagree. He's no smaller than Kids was when he came into FG

There is a nice highlights package on youtube. Some of his defence this year has been outstanding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GslPp90-9Z0

Rolla

Juniors
Yep, Granville would be a nice little pick up for us. I watched the ITSC on Sunday and he impressed me with his great runs from DH and his solid 1-1 defence. A lot of Broncos and Storm fans were saying he'd be too small for FG but I tend to disagree. He's no smaller than Kids was when he came into FG

There is a nice highlights package on youtube. Some of his defence this year has been outstanding

I don't know if it was just me or not (probably) but having not heard about or seen any of Kids in the juniors i thought he was terrible when he first made the top squad. Thought he would be an epic failure haha.... Shows what i knew.

CJG 182

Juniors
Typical.

We go from one of the best signings for the club to one of the most embarrassing for the entire league.

Rod

Bench
I thought Hilder might be on the comeback trail next year and he might be used to spell Danny again, or possibly Kids.

Waddell hasn't impressed me a great deal either, but if we get him cheap it might be alright.

K-Man

Bench
Seriously though, Waddell > Hilder at hooker by a mile.

I'm not a fan, but at least he's a real dummy half. The club has to do something about our depth in this position, and if Waddell's the best available then so be it because we clearly can't rely on Hilder/Adams if Bedsy happens to go down early in the season.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Is there really so much wrong with Adams?? I liked what i saw albeit the limited amount?

Maybe Widdell is a stopgap to see how this Clydsdale goes ( i got his spelling wrong didn't i)?!

CJG 182

Juniors
Seriously though, Waddell > Hilder at hooker by a mile.

I'm not a fan, but at least he's a real dummy half. The club has to do something about our depth in this position, and if Waddell's the best available then so be it because we clearly can't rely on Hilder/Adams if Bedsy happens to go down early in the season.

Bullshit.

He is the only hooker I have ever seen without a passing game.
We'd have been better off signing Dean Young and playing him at hooker.

Frederick

Staff member
All I have to say is that if we are indeed chasing him then Wayne must see something in him that he can work with. In Wayne we trust.

Having said that, Wayne did choose to re-sign Sau and Naiqama :lol:

rnb11

Juniors
The difference is they signed Edwards on big money to go straight into their top 17. We're signing Waddell on a next to nothing second tier contract and won't even be included in our top 25. You lot are overthinking it, if we sign him he'll still probably never play for us.

Whats Doing

Bench

Thanks for that JW.

The highlights shows what a talent this kid is and absolutely carved up minor premiers Redcliffe in the QCUP grandfinal.

Jake is a significantly better prospect than Waddell and would be just as cheap.

Every chance we will see Ennis as our hooker for 2014. I am quietly tipping Farah to be a Bulldog in 2014. They have long favoured him as their 9 although Des is a massive Ennis fan.

Last edited:

Dave_

Juniors
Every chance we will see Ennis as our hooker for 2014. I am quietly tipping Farah to be a Bulldog in 2014. They have long favoured him as their 9 although Des is a massive Ennis fan.

I dont want either of them at the knights. Ennis is a dirty grub and Farah is a whingeing little sook bit#h. Both players will also be heavily overpriced and i'd much rather see the coin go to a prop or half.

Status
Not open for further replies.