What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He is a prop mainly mate but can play out wide if needed.

He is huge but unlike a lot of big kids his age, he has excellent foot work and ball skills

I'm sure having Tonga here helped but he is a great buy for our club

shane1970

Juniors
That does make sense Joker but i noticed him more so yesterday when he was on the wing and he played on the wing the last time we played them - but yeah I cant see this as being a bad buy

Rambo1'

Juniors
He's definately got the talent.. just hope he's got the heart to go on with it. Good signing for the Knights imo

Rod

Bench
I watched him closely yesterday as I thought his signing was pretty much common knowledge. I think it actually happened quite a while ago.

Anyway yeah is big and strong, but also has some skills to boot. Interesting to see how he develops.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Not getting too excited about this yet, most of the young U20s players from other clubs that we have signed in recent seasons haven't really kicked on for one reason or another. Will get excited if he gets a few FG games and proves that he can play at that level.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Also David Faa'logo (or however it's spelt) is a weird signing for a couple of reasons if it's true:
- he's old
- Not exactly a guy with "big match experience" having played for Souths all those years
- Poor disciplinary record (punching the coach is bad enough, but his on field record isn't great either)

I don't remember him ever being a stand out player or anything. Was on the bench for Souths most of his NRL career right? I think he plays prop?

If this rumour is true then I guess Wayne agrees with all of us on here and is looking for a bit of size/mongrel to add to our pack. If we're paying him peanuts then could give us a bit of value without too much risk, but I definetly wasn't expecting that signing at all and the jury will be out for a while I reckon.

My understanding is Wayne has earmarked Tonga as Ts replacement long term. This season was about him fixing his defence. He has had a great season in Nsw cup. Arguably the best backline player in that comp. This Toka Liki Liki looks like a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Just read in the Herald that it's expected that Fa'alogo is expected to sign shortly with the knights to join Scott and Jeremy Smith.

Last edited:

otori

Juniors
Just read in the Herald that it's expected that Fa'alogo is expected to sign shortly with the knights to join Scott and Jeremy Smith.

Surprised we still haven't heard anything about signings yet. Also not thrilled that were signing 3 backrowers over the age of 30 in the same year.

Nuffy

Bench
My understanding is Wayne has earmarked Tonga as Ts replacement long term. This season was about him fixing his defence. He has had a great season in Nsw cup. Arguably the best backline player in that comp. This Toka Liki Liki looks like a step in the right direction.

That might be the case but isnt he currently off contract and with a torn ACL.

If he was the long term replacement I would have thought he'd be resigned by now.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm not going to believe the Fa'alogo thing until it's confirmed. If he is signed hopefully it's just as a stop-gap for one season until we can make a play at someone coming off-contract at the end of next year.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
rumor on twitter about Chris Hennington to the knights in 2013. id be very surprised if we were going for him. considering we have scott and seemingly Smith. let alone finances as we're openly chasing Fa'alongo and not someone like Kite.

rumor on twitter about Chris Hennington to the knights in 2013. id be very surprised if we were going for him. considering we have scott and seemingly Smith. let alone finances as we're openly chasing Fa'alongo and not someone like Kite.

You will have Jez, twitter prob getting it wrong because we hear there is a linked deal being done somehow between a few clubs. Could see someone move from you to Tigpies and Tigpies to Cronulla with Jez being the lead move.

Nuffy

Bench
With the moves announced yesterday, it seems that the Sharks need to get rid of Smith to fit everyone in.

I just hope we aren't now kicking the can for Smith to break his contract, the Sharks need to release him FOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.