What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
With the moves announced yesterday, it seems that the Sharks need to get rid of Smith to fit everyone in.

I just hope we aren't now kicking the can for Smith to break his contract, the Sharks need to release him FOC.

The deal was done a while back. From people "in the know" the Smith release involved financial compensation for us after a player swap could not be agreed upon.

You can't complain though you've picked up one of your best signings ever. You will love him

Shark's recruitment has been superb the last 12 months. Snowy's departure has had a silver lining for them. Smith is a player who i personally hope is the man to put our pack into the top tier bracket. No excuses with him and Scott being notorious aggressors and niggle merchants.

Joker's Wild

Coach
We are still lacking good bench props though Newie. Its a huge concern and I dont want to rely on rookies like Sims and Vaivai to fill the void as they will be very FG green.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think a rotation of
8.Snowden
10.Mason

14.McKinnon
15.Rochow
16.Poore
17.Sims

18.Tets
19.VaiVai
20.Toka Likiliki

Isn't too bad

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well Im not counting on Poore until I hear an official announcement.

As it stands we are still an experienced prop short

ryana87

Juniors
If there was any doubt........ Watching the Sunday roast and they were talking about the different clubs signings..... A graphic came up showing knights only gaining beau Scott..... Joey said something along the lines of 'also Jeremy smith'............ So there you have it folks

Rod

Bench
We should go after Farah for 2014 if the rumours about continuing discontent at the Tigers are true.

Is that you NSW selector!??

Nah, its just that I would rather spend the 500k+ that Farah would be after on some front row depth, especially seeing as though we have hooker covered.

If Kidley is not the option, and when Bedsy retires I would like to bring some rookie in, surely Wayne and his talent scouts have some gun rookies that they have spotted in the lower grades, not necessarily Newcastle juniors either.

We already have a top class spine of Boyd, Mullen, Roberts/Gidley, I think we can afford to blood a gun rookie hooker (if gids doesnt play there). If we were lacking creativity then I would be all for Farah, but we do have a lot of creative playmakers in key positions already.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Farah there then we would have a 'Big 4' so to speak. But most teams get by with a 'Big 2' or 'Big 3' in their spine. The storm get by with 3 gun play makers, the Bulldogs get by with 2 guns (barba and ennis, there is no denying ennis is currently in career best form) and 2 solid halves, The bunnies have 2 guns, 1 Shit half and 1 gun Rookie half... Manly have 1 Solid hooker, 1 gun FB and 2 solid rookie halves..

As I type this I feel like I am struggling to explain my reasoning, hopefully you understand where I am coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.