What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinorocks

Juniors
What are you basing that on?

He's liked heavy hitting locks for as long as I can remember.

Carroll, Costigan, Jeremy Smith, Matt Prior.

He had a Dallas Johnson type lock in David Stagg and chose to play him in the backline most of the time.

We're now chasing Myles who is another heavy hitting lock.

Add Peter Ryan to that list.

RABK

Referee
SMH said:
In other contract developments, it is understood former Storm and representative centre Matt King could return to Australia in 2012, though he is yet to receive a formal offer from any NRL clubs.

Would he please those who are concered with our centres? Perhaps having just earnt a cool 2 mil in his england stint and been stripped of his nrl premiership, it will be more about a legit premiership rather than money. King for 150k?

Yay/nay?

He was only last year named as centre in the super league team of 2010 so he's obviously still got it.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
Matt King = Yes. Not sure how on earth we'd fit him in the cap tho.

Dreaming if you think he's even running on the training track for $150K.

RABK

Referee
Depends Alex, my theory on his motivations is not impossible.

Doesn't sound like he's in demand.

King was in his prime when he left Australia, was the best winger getting around. I would have him in a heartbeat if he was any anywhere near the form he had in the NRL.

RABK

Referee
Pretty sure he was a centre at club level and nsw winger, but you're right - was close to the best outside back in the world 05-07.

At 80% of what he was he'd be an immense pick up. He was so good at setting up his winger, Uate and King would be deadly.

We aren't linked to him, but i thought given our centre dilemma he'd be an ideal guy for our Wayne Vader controlled Tink Star to set it's tractor beam on.

Rolla

Juniors
Depends Alex, my theory on his motivations is not impossible.

Doesn't sound like he's in demand.

He sure as hell would be if word on the street was he was keen to play for 150k or even close to that. Even if you are right about his motivations he could still fetch plenty more than that at competitive clubs.

timka4

Bench
He will be snagged for at least 250k imo. Especially if he got centre of the year in ESL last year

perverse

Referee
he got a spot in the dream team in '08, yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_League_Dream_Team

so did a washed up M Gidley... a 35 year old Keith Senior... Adam Mogg a few years ago...

it's not the prestigious gong that it seems to be. Mogg came back and didn't look too terrible at Canberra. i don't have much faith in returning ESL 'stars', though.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Jeez... They are both on their last legs though huh. Where does that put Gidley and Boyd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts