What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johns Magic

Referee
Gotta admit, a bit devo not to get him.

Hopefully there's another quality forward out there we can bring in, because we need one.

Stuffed if I know how the Titans are doing it either...

They are losing Nathan Friend on not much more than 200K, and Laffranchi on 270K. Preston may or may not be retiring, and Brad Meyers would not be on a lot...

I thought we would win out here when doing the maths, massive shame.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
For the reasons aqua pointed out, we need to more than hope for a quality forward JM. We actually have to get one

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Yeh Myles is a lot better.

The problem with been in the hunt for such good players is that when you miss out on them your roster looks weaker.

Most of us were stoked with a Boyd/Snowden recruitment drive, Myles wasn't even on the radar until a week ago yet i feel immensely disappointed we missed him and now feel we have a spot that needs to be filled by a real quality backrower.

I'm been greedy. KOD will play Origin within 3 years- give him a crack.

RABK

Referee
How bad did Simmo's hands get in the last 2 years, he dropped 2 or 3 per game.

Johns Magic

Referee
Houston's hands are better than KOD's at least. So were Simmo's, even at his worst when we were all hoping he'd retire...

RABK

Referee
Ask one of the followers of Centurions, unsure what his handling has been like.

The O'Donnell brothers are from my home town, many who have met them think Kyle will be even better than his brother. As a massive LOD fan i'm hoping Kyle is able to crack fg soon and assert his size and aggression.

I think Kod, Liki and Sims will all be regular first graders by 2013. They'll take to fg like ducks to water.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ask one of the followers of Centurions, unsure what his handling has been like.

The O'Donnell brothers are from my home town, many who have met them think Kyle will be even better than his brother. As a massive LOD fan i'm hoping Kyle is able to crack fg soon and assert his size and aggression.

I think Kod, Liki and Sims will all be regular first graders by 2013. They'll take to fg like ducks to water.

LOD was the bomb. If KOD has decent handling I'm sure he could be too.

Likiliki...I'm not impressed.

And hopefully Korbin Sims is good as Tariq.

Yosh

Coach
Still remember this Origin game where LOD started and he made literally 5 or 6 big hits in the first 5 minutes then went off with a broken hand. Hope KOD is just as aggressive!

Whats Doing

Bench
Boyd on Fox Sports virtually ruled out a return home for a few years and likely to make his decision at the end of the origin series. Its likely now between us or staying at the Dragons

Serc

First Grade
I think he is not too dissimilar to his brother in many ways, Yosh...seems to have that aggression too but it from what few games I have seen of him it seems a little more controlled. Hopefully carries many of his brother's best traits.

Anyway less about Luke and more on Kyle...he is a very strong and powerful ball runner, originally played out wide in the centres I believe, but his job description has changed to that of a wide running backrower. Has the physique of an NRL player at the age of 20 (192cm 106kg) and I think there was some good news on his handling from the reports that came out of that televised NSW Cup game last week also.

Met him in person briefly earlier this year, and certainly towers over you in person! (though I am 175cm/5'9 so I might be exaggerating slightly)

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
All the reports regarding KOD are that he's a physical specimen, 106kg of ripped muscle and quite mobile too. Hopefully his skills can do his physique justice

Rolla

Juniors
Boyd on Fox Sports virtually ruled out a return home for a few years and likely to make his decision at the end of the origin series. Its likely now between us or staying at the Dragons

So we need to wait a couple of months... darn

rnb11

Juniors
Here's Boyd's interview Whats Doing mentioned. I was worried about him going back to the Broncos, there was some speculation he had already signed with them but now he's ruled out returning to QLD for a few years Im pretty confident he's ours. Also remembering his earlier interview saying he'd be silly to not want to be coached under Bennett and the reports saying his manager has been in continual contact with the Knights, its all looking very promising.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...o-e6frf3ou-1226058404721?subcat=1225914677120

Status
Not open for further replies.