What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono078

Referee
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Not a good hooker, and if it's for halves he'd be coming here as a depth player. I was under the impression he wants a starting role somewhere.

He was touted as one of the next best halves, but I think he's a bit like Dureau, size disadvantages him at the top level and skills aren't quite good enough or consistent.

ace of spades

Juniors
It's funny was dureau really that bad or did he just need a better chance he is killing it in super league. Anyone have any info on Ben hunt

Was always going to be the case regarding Hunt. Tyrone's value will be much greater soon if he continues his rate of improvement. He and Adam Reynolds will offer plenty of honest competition to Golden Boy Pearce. how wicked is Tyrone's show and go? Twice for two tries.

Jono078

Referee
It's funny was dureau really that bad or did he just need a better chance he is killing it in super league. Anyone have any info on Ben hunt
I was one of Dureau's biggest fans on here and really liked some of the things he could offer, but at the end I noticed the areas of his game that were lacking and it was affecting our team. Although if we had a different coach like Bennett as we do now it would have been interesting to see how he performed when being provided with confidence.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

Dureau had a couple of things going for him. When he played, the team appeared a lot more structured. Other players knew where they were meant to be on the field, what lines to run and that alone allowed the team to look more threatening. He also generally had a decent boot on him and could come up with the odd 40/20 and field goal.

Dureau did have a couple of things that let him down though. His defense was a dead set joke. He almost appeared scared to throw himself into a player and instead would arm grab and get bumped off. He also seriously lacked speed, so his running game was piss poor. Due to this he found it hard to get himself into a good position in order to put a player through a hole. Finally when it got to the point where his career here was looking on shaky ground, his form turned to sh!t and his defense got worse. Also people in the crowd had to be on their toes for a stray kick out on the full.

Big Tim

First Grade
BIHK is right.

His strengths (kicking game, organisation) werent able to compensate for his weaknesses (size, speed, defence) in the NRL.

He has flourished in the SL where 2 of his weaknesses arent so exposed. Could also have to do with a coach who gameplanned around his weaknesses.

perverse

Referee
Agreed, Dureau is just far more suited to the game over there. It's far more attack-oriented. He'd probably go better in the NRL these days with more confidence behind him after making it big over there... but I still think he'd be mediocre at best, and would be surprised if he could tackle. I was a big Dureau supporter for a long, long time... but even I had to admit by the end that we just couldn't carry him in the defensive line, and he wasn't consistently good enough in all other areas to warrent first grade selection.

I think he was the most skilled halfback here at the time... for sure. Walsh has proven himself a dead set plonker consistently for years now, so no harm done there. He never showed us anything like the form that Tyrone has managed to deliver thus far, though. Tyrone is on another tier completely, even with his small stature and questionable defence.

Last edited:
Who will ever forget Dureau's no tackle on Finchy against Melbourne cos he was going to get pinned for being offside? Cost us the game.

Big Tim

First Grade
Who will ever forget Dureau's no tackle on Finchy against Melbourne cos he was going to get pinned for being offside? Cost us the game.

If we had a coach who gameplanned around his defensive issues, we would have had someone there to clean up the mess, and his option to not get penalised would have been correct.

It was a poor play all around, but could easily have been a non-issue if we tried to protect our weaklink.

Whats Doing

Bench
Anyone see Sam Irwin play for the Titans last night? Only small but goes very well.

I was at the game and he went extremely well. Yes he is only small but very strong in defence and has all the skills in attack. He certainly provided much needed quick service when he came on

rnb11

Juniors
I heard he's the lightest at the club but is also the strongest, can lift something like 290kg at 70kg

Whats Doing

Bench
I heard he's the lightest at the club but is also the strongest, can lift something like 290kg at 70kg

I have heard that too. He didn't get pushed off any tackles and has great footwork in attack.

I have seen a lot of Srama and Falloon and Irwin doesn't lose too much in comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts