What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korbin has been offered 3 years. Cowboys are hopeful more than realistic about signing him. Wayne has made it clear club want to build around him. We will be forking out big dollars for him i believe. Nev no chance for another deal. Source was Toohey's Sunday column.

ace of spades

Juniors
If nqld are chaising korbin I can see him leaving the idea of playing with your two brothers probably gets him there, be sad to see though

aqua_duck

Coach
I actually think Korbin is the type of bloke who wants to be his own man then be in the shadow of Tariq. I mean the bloke chose Qld FFS even though Tariq is close to making the NSW team

Rolla

Juniors
The article says nothing about us wanting to offload McKinnon so i wouldn't worry too much. It just says he is getting rave reviews and they are keen. Other than that it speculates that we may need to lose a player, nothing at all to suggest that player would be McKinnon (and obviously it wouldn't be)

Rolla

Juniors
Would be a shame to lose Kev, I would love to hold on to him until Boyd goes and give him the fullback spot. Realistically though it isn't fair on him, he is too good to be playing ressies.

Nev and Hilder going wouldn't matter at all. Tahu, while still handy, is getting older and shouldn't be keeping BJ and Liki out for much longer. I like Pete and think he looked good in most of his First grade chances, but he won't become a regular first grader here, so he will have to move on in search of a chance at regular footy.

Noname36

First Grade
I think the likes of Sims and McKinnon would be priorities. Mase, Smith, Scott, etc only have a couple of seasons left (a few more for Scott). A forward pack based around Snowy, Sims, McKinnon, Rochow and Cuthbo in the future is very handy.

Spot On

Coach
I think the likes of Sims and McKinnon would be priorities. Mase, Smith, Scott, etc only have a couple of seasons left (a few more for Scott). A forward pack based around Snowy, Sims, McKinnon, Rochow and Cuthbo in the future is very handy.

Snowden won't be here if he can't improve enough to satisfy Bennett. Either that or he'll be taking a very big pay cut.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
McKinnon needs to improve a bit if he wants to earn a contract. He's had the odd good game, but generally he's taken a bit of a ride with the Knights team, imo. I know he's still only young, but I'd like to see him offer more with the ball first.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Snowden won't be here if he can't improve enough to satisfy Bennett. Either that or he'll be taking a very big pay cut.

It's hard to predict with Snowden. If he can consistently perform like he did against the Titans he'll be here for sure. It's a big "if" though. His form lately has been terrible yet Bennett continued to select him to start when a lot of other players would have been dropped completely...so Bennett must have some feeling that there's improvement there...

RABK

Referee

I'm not a mod or anything, but seriously mate - stop flogging that dead horse. Everybody on this forum knows you really dislike Kade Snowden. I bet if i could be assed to go through your post history i'd find 500 anti Kade Snowden posts by yourself over the last 12 months. I've also been disappointed with his efforts at times as have most on here but i'm fair over you using the opportunity to dig at him everytime his name is brought up.

aqua_duck

Coach
Snowden has a dig when he's fired up. He played like a man possessed on Sunday because he had abit of fire in his belly from the little skirmishes he had with Nate Myles. Against Canberra he again played like a man possessed after the criticism aimed at him after his game against the cowboys

Snowy has been on the up and up of late. Credit where credit is due. Couldn't agree more with the fact we have to appraise him on what we see before us every week.

Frederick

Staff member
Snowden has a dig when he's fired up. He played like a man possessed on Sunday because he had abit of fire in his belly from the little skirmishes he had with Nate Myles. Against Canberra he again played like a man possessed after the criticism aimed at him after his game against the cowboys

Well now we know how to unlock his power...before every game we all need to gather round him and tell him what a useless piece of shit he is. And maybe throw some "yo mamma" jokes in there too

Tom155

Coach
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/salford-city-reds-hope-keep-3186588

Who on earth are we chasing that would require considering offloading Alex McKinnon?
CHIEF executive Matt Gidley has rejected speculation the Knights are trying to off-load in-form Country Origin representative Alex McKinnon to an English Super League club before the June 30 transfer deadline to ease salary cap pressure.

Gidley also hosed down social media banter that the Knights were chasing Dragons and former NSW and Australian prop Michael Weyman.

Insisting that the Knights were not under pressure to stay under the cap this year, Gidley said the club?s priority was to retain off-contract prop prospect Korbin Sims and to shore up the futures of rising stars such as McKinnon, Tyrone Roberts, Dane Gagai and Robbie Rochow.

More here -
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/knights-ceo-rejects-mckinnon-exit-talk-20130430-2ir1b.html

Rod

Bench
All of that sounds good to me and makes a lot more sense, particularly retaining those 4 guys listed at the bottom.

Johns Magic

Referee
Gagai signed a three-year contract last season didn't he? Good to hear we're moving on him early.

Also there is no way we are trying to offload McKinnon, that first article just implied an ESL club was keen. He does need to start stepping it up soon I think, he has more in him than he's showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts