What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
Not a rumour, but what do you think of a player like Josh Perry coming back to the club next season? His 3-year contract with St Helens finishes this year and a one year swan-song in Newcastle might be something that both parties like the sound of.

As much as I know I will get ridiculed for this, he is still one of my favorite props ever. He was terrible 90% of the time but that other 10%, he was better than Webcke. I think it was a pity he played under Hagan. If he played his whole career under WB, I daresay he might have been one of the premier props of the modern era.

Drugs are punishable by death in South Korea, so no, I'm not high.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ha.

We all know what Perry was capable of when he wanted to be...that's what made it all the more painful to see him plod along all those years like he did. Him leaving was best for both parties I think, and I don't see much value in getting a swansong out of him.

Dave_

Juniors
Not a rumour, but what do you think of a player like Josh Perry coming back to the club next season? His 3-year contract with St Helens finishes this year and a one year swan-song in Newcastle might be something that both parties like the sound of.

One of, if not my number 1 most hated player ever, Knights or otherwise. He is one of the laziest, dumbest most frustrating players I've seen. I'd sooner see Nev signed to a lifetime deal and made captain coach before I'd have that fat plodder back in Knights colours.

Could've been anything, chose to be nothing.

Can we sign someone less than 30 just this once! All for experienced heads but the legs do age, especially in the most physically demanding team sport on earth.

Nuffy

Bench
Forget Perry, just a bad dream.

Seriously, we haven't signed anyone new for next year so the squad that is travelling ordinary, is the same one lining up for next year.

A scary thought.

I don't know the ESL talent at all, but isn't there a single strike backrower there we could look at, as it seems we aren't willing to raid any other club besides the Dragons.

Elliott Whitehead from Bradford is a talented backrower. The Bulls produce some serious forward talent. Sadly due to their finances they cannot keep them. See the Burgess boys for proof. All Bradford juniors. This kid though is worth a look.

Nuffy

Bench
Elliott Whitehead from Bradford is a talented backrower. The Bulls produce some serious forward talent. Sadly due to their finances they cannot keep them. See the Burgess boys for proof. All Bradford juniors. This kid though is worth a look.

Mate, we need to do something because right now in 2014 we are going to have the same squad albeit a year older.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

Yosh

Coach
Just putting it out there:

Apparently Reni Matuia is one of the Parra players who (maybe) not playing for them next year. Is he a player people would want to see join us next year, with his history and all? Talent is there, the attacking potential is there.

Personally i could see him as a good signing.

aqua_duck

Coach
No way, we don't need anymore old backrowers, as for the attacking potential it hasn't been there for 5 years.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
No way, we don't need anymore old backrowers, as for the attacking potential it hasn't been there for 5 years.

I'd love for us to sign a backrower. One that can pass the ball, beat a tackle or offload would help the team out so much.

Also I've got a question to anyone. It has been stated many times that the knights can't win close games. Often when it comes to winning tight game, energy is a major reason behind it. With the way the knights play, I question whether the knights are capable of wearing other teams out. One out running and being gang tackled helps keep the other team fresh. Having players in motion and creating offloads, plays a key roll in causing the opposition to become fatigued. Do you think our style of play allows the opposition to be fresher at the back end of games?

Yosh

Coach
James Tamou maybe up to get signed.... We got do a sneaky and do all we can to get him fired from the Cowboys. Then pick him up for cheap. Lol

Spot On

Coach
I'd love for us to sign a backrower. One that can pass the ball, beat a tackle or offload would help the team out so much.

Also I've got a question to anyone. It has been stated many times that the knights can't win close games. Often when it comes to winning tight game, energy is a major reason behind it. With the way the knights play, I question whether the knights are capable of wearing other teams out. One out running and being gang tackled helps keep the other team fresh. Having players in motion and creating offloads, plays a key roll in causing the opposition to become fatigued. Do you think our style of play allows the opposition to be fresher at the back end of games?

Agreed.

aqua_duck

Coach

We don't win the ruck it's that simple, we get grapple f**ked at times and it gives the opposition time to set, and on the rare occurrences we get a quick play the ball we have a hooker who's intent on running straight into the markers. When teams defend against us it's almost like they're playing gridiron, there's 1 play to defend against every 15 secs, then they get time to set and go again, there's no 2nd phase play, no lateral ball movement and no quick play the balls, it's all tackle, get back on side, pause, repeat. This type of crap doesn't wear the opposition down. Bennett's entire gameplans revolves around the other team beating themselves, we're like Lleyton Hewitt of rugby league hoping for unforced errors but unfortunately this team lacks the attention to detail to play that game not to mention half decent teams don't tend to just roll over

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
We don't win the ruck it's that simple, we get grapple f**ked at times and it gives the opposition time to set, and on the rare occurrences we get a quick play the ball we have a hooker who's intent on running straight into the markers. When teams defend against us it's almost like they're playing gridiron, there's 1 play to defend against every 15 secs, then they get time to set and go again, there's no 2nd phase play, no lateral ball movement and no quick play the balls, it's all tackle, get back on side, pause, repeat. This type of crap doesn't wear the opposition down. Bennett's entire gameplans revolves around the other team beating themselves, we're like Lleyton Hewitt of rugby league hoping for unforced errors but unfortunately this team lacks the attention to detail to play that game not to mention half decent teams don't tend to just roll over

That's a good analogy AD. Playing our style of play won't beat the good teams, or even the middle of the road teams. Hopefully when we get our hooker back, the team will start throwing something of substance at the opposition.

It all starts with a quality dummy half. First point of contact in any attack structure. Look at the Cowboys. It has been said by many that Payne's retirement and Segyaro moving to Penrith has knee capped their fluency. If u said Cowboys would be last after half a season gone you would have been mocked mercilessly. However if they signed, say Nathan Friend tomorrow guaranteed they would have a winning back half of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts