What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Guys you've got your speculation all wrong. You have to think of the bigger picture...

images

2001 premiership winning five-eighth Sean Rudder. 2012 premiership signed, sealed and delivered.

Guys you've got your speculation all wrong. You have to think of the bigger picture...

images

2001 premiership winning five-eighth Sean Rudder. 2012 premiership signed, sealed and delivered.

True and we wouldnt have got to that grand final either if it wasnt for that match winning bomb he put up against the sharks in the prelim. Pure class.

cram

Bench
Rudder is currently plying his trade in the local Rugby Comp playing for the mighty Greens....Merewether Carlton

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Rudder is currently plying his trade in the local Rugby Comp playing for the mighty Greens....Merewether Carlton

I assume they must have a 2nd or 3rd grade then. The bloke was hopeless. I still can not get over the people on here that used to have heated debates with me over him. Apparently my belief that he was a rubbish 5/8 that could not kick (bar maybe 3 times over 3 years), pass consistently or even defend was wrong. :crazy:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
You can't bring back Sean Rudder without bringing back Reegan Tanner

We should make up a thread of our worst ever players. Rudder, Tanner and Ryder would all have to be there. Tanner played lock, back when lock was considered a position where they played like a 2nd rower except with ball playing ability. I think there was one season where he had a total of 3 offloads. What a gun player! :sarcasm:

perverse

Referee
Gibbs could be an astute pickup - he got good. not sure we need Fulton, he is pretty shit (although has a high workrate)... but would be a massive upgrade on a guy like Ciraldo.

still, all for picking up Gibbs. he's only 26 - should still have a fair few good years left in him. i don't know why the Tigers are getting rid of him, tbh.

Johns Magic

Referee
Would like to get Gibbs.

Fulton I'd take. I'm a big fan of his but only when he is used correctly...and to be honest I'm starting to question if his role fits into modern RL let alone a Bennett side.

Last edited:

rnb11

Juniors
Oh god no, anyone but Gibbs. He's by far my most hated player in the NRL, just a big soft trouble making wanker. I'd take 500 Kaufusi's before I'd take that fat heap.

billy2

Juniors
Not sure we need Lowrie, but he is a genuine firstgrader since the day he stopped being coached by Hagan.
If the price were right, he would be a good pick up.

TooheysNew

Coach
Not sure we need Lowrie, but he is a genuine firstgrader since the day he stopped being coached by Hagan.
If the price were right, he would be a good pick up.
What would he offer?

billy2

Juniors
I'd like to think Newcastle can now be choosy and knock back genuine firstgraders who are happy to play here for a reasonable price, in the hope we will sign bargain players to play under Wayne, but that's not what is happening.
It's only local guys who are keen to come home for unders - everyone else wants overs, even to play under Wayne - and Wayne won't pay overs for anyone.

Johns Magic

Referee
Lowrie is average though, even Storm fans don't rate him.

I think we could get better for what he would command, even if that isn't that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.