What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

88.Knights

Juniors
BIG FAT NO to lowrie,rudder,newton,gibbs,fulton and any other useless twats that get mentioned in the same sentence as newcastle.

Silent Knight

First Grade
BIG FAT NO to lowrie,rudder,newton,gibbs,fulton and any other useless twats that get mentioned in the same sentence as newcastle.

Don't you want our team to be RUDDDDDERRRRRIIFFFFFFIIIIICCCCC?

-Sean-Rudder-6111886.jpg

Just think of the possibilities!

perverse

Referee
I'd like to think Newcastle can now be choosy and knock back genuine firstgraders who are happy to play here for a reasonable price, in the hope we will sign bargain players to play under Wayne, but that's not what is happening.
It's only local guys who are keen to come home for unders - everyone else wants overs, even to play under Wayne - and Wayne won't pay overs for anyone.
i'd say wait until we actually have runs on the board with Bennett as coach before blowing the whistle on this one. so far "everyone else" seems to be Darius Boyd.

chinorocks

Juniors
Gibbs could be an astute pickup - he got good. not sure we need Fulton, he is pretty shit (although has a high workrate)... but would be a massive upgrade on a guy like Ciraldo.

still, all for picking up Gibbs. he's only 26 - should still have a fair few good years left in him. i don't know why the Tigers are getting rid of him, tbh.

Freeing up cap space for Adam Blair presumably. Don't mind either guy tbh provided there both coming for well below 250k.

aqua_duck

Coach
Freeing up cap space for Adam Blair presumably. Don't mind either guy tbh provided there both coming for well below 250k.

Also tigers have some awesome young props in their ranks. Galloway is 1st choice and he's only 25, and then you've got Fifita, Aaron Woods, Ben Murdoch-Masilla, and in NUC they've got a bloke named Matthew Groat who's supposed to be the next big thing

Gibbs would be a good signing, not great but definately would be straight into our top 4 prop rotations, only richie would be better and his on par with Evarn.

Fulton, I rate as a player but think we've got as good comming through, that being said wouldn't be upset with him.

cram

Bench
I assume they must have a 2nd or 3rd grade then. The bloke was hopeless. I still can not get over the people on here that used to have heated debates with me over him. Apparently my belief that he was a rubbish 5/8 that could not kick (bar maybe 3 times over 3 years), pass consistently or even defend was wrong. :crazy:

They do have lower grades but he is playing first grade in a very, very strong outfit. The 1sts are currently undefeated and the club has been Club Champions for the past half a dozen years.

Big Tim

First Grade
The fact that Gibbs would slot straight into our prop rotation shows why the Tigers are an elite team and we are mid-range at best.

88.Knights

Juniors
2012 props= snowden,faaoso,costigan great in '10 under wb, for the 4th spot weve got tui,edwards might go back into prop rotation. hopefully tetevano,sims, mason will be ready or near enough aswell.

i don't think we should be going after guys equal or worse than we already got, tui over gibbs imo, if it was someone of myles quality then id be throwing out the red carpet.

Rolla

Juniors
You have named three first grade props, a backrower who can play prop, an prop being moulded into a very good lock, and three guys who haven't played firstgrade (two i doubt are that close). I am not Gibbs' greatest fan but we certainly need another prop (even if he is at the level of the guys we have). Putting all our backrowers into the front row isnt the solution, then we will just be light on back rowers.

Matt23

Staff member
My fear is if we sign Gibbs, Fulton will more then likely come as well

Yosh

Coach
Fulton isn't a bad player but definately do NOT need him. I ABSOULTELY hate Gibbs... We need props though...

88.Knights

Juniors
You have named three first grade props, a backrower who can play prop, an prop being moulded into a very good lock, and three guys who haven't played firstgrade (two i doubt are that close). I am not Gibbs' greatest fan but we certainly need another prop (even if he is at the level of the guys we have). Putting all our backrowers into the front row isnt the solution, then we will just be light on back rowers.

i dunno what bennett's thinking but he used costigan at prop and that worked well, next year in the backrow we have at least taia, houston and edwards.

i want edwards to stay at lock but if were resigning hilder and have gidley and possibly buderus at hooker, where does hilder play so edwards might be moved back into props. wouldn't like bedsy and hilder on the bench.

im not saying sims and mason r ready now but this time next year maybe, at least for a debut and taste of fg in origin period, ready for '13.

i reckon we can do better and deserve better than gibbs and fulton.

Status
Not open for further replies.