What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Knight

Juniors
I'd like to think they wouldn't bring him back if they didn't think he could still cut the mustard.

I agree. I would also assume they would have a set role in mind for him (playing certain minutes, etc). I know Bedsy is such a competitor, but you'd also think he is a realist and wouldn't be one of those to "go a year too far". I would also assume (and hope) this would be the kind of conversation that would take place.

Spot On

Coach
Bedsy doesn't go as well in the freezing cold weather. He'll be fine back here in the sun. Warm his joints up and all. :D

Remember Bennett will be coaching him. There's a plan if Wayne wants him. No doubt if Bedsy is keen he will look a different player to what he may be showing in the ESL. He'll step up. He'll be inspirational. He'll do the job Wayne asks him to do. You'd think he'd be super keen to play under the master wouldn't you?

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
FORGET Wayne Bennett. Should boom Dragons rookie Alex McKinnon join Newcastle next year, he'll more likely be influenced by Darius Boyd's defection to the Knights.
McKinnon has lived under the same roof as Boyd since the Maroons superstar arrived in Wollongong three years ago.

Prior to his stunning two-try debut against the Gold Coast Titans last Friday night, 19-year-old McKinnon spoke regularly to Boyd and received an inspirational text from his biggest footballing influence before kick-off.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ben-cousins-new-drug-drama/story-e6frexni-1226074523024

billy2

Juniors
Bedsy was one of the better players in the side that beat England a few days ago.

England may not be the top side in the world, but they are not completely disgraced in games against Australia and NZ.

Of the hundred odd foreign players in the ESL he was picked in the top 17 and went pretty well.

That's good enough form to hold down the bench hooker spot at the Knights if George Ndaira could hold it down last year.

The only question is money. If he wants the dollars his resume says he deserves, we can't afford him for what we expect to get from him.
If he wants a living wage and a coaching position next year - bargain.

Byron Knight

Juniors
Also, if he is behind a forward pack that dominates (which we are working towards), it will make his job easier. His distribution will also take some of the pressure off Gids too if he is moving to the halves.

Yosh

Coach
Sure he won't set the world on fire but his is Bedsy... Short memories you guys, he is like one of greatest ever. He will not disspoint. Can't wait to have him back.

Perth Knights

Juniors
Sure he won't set the world on fire but his is Bedsy... Short memories you guys, he is like one of greatest ever. He will not disspoint. Can't wait to have him back.

Yosh ... hope you are right that he won't disappoint those of us who have fond memories of one of the Clubs greats. However, I have been watching the ESL and sadly Bedsy's form is but a distant memory. He's not what he used to be that's for sure.

voltron

Juniors
im happy for bedsy to be back
he'll be on pennies (in lieu of a big pay packet when he starts coaching), bring real starch and leadership to the club, and seeing us play lately, we really need leadership
but i really doubt he'll play 80minutes
he'll come off the bench i think.

Hmmm, the marathon stadium feed on FB just said Nick Kenny from the Broncos is now linked to us? I rated him when he first came onto the scene, but has sort of done nothing for a while...

RABK

Referee
ESL ain't a Hookers game, Keiran Cunningham was their greatest DH and he, in all honesty, was probably about as good as Kingston is here who is about the 8th best Hooker in our comp.

The play the ball is faster so you would think a good dummy half like bedsy would run riot but also consider the refs keep a shorter ten and the line speed is faster and they also stack the middle of the field a lot in ESL. (Rugby influence?)

I dare say 85% of the line breaks/tries in esl come from the fringes with the further 15% up the middle. NRL would be maybe 60%/40% in comparison.

Maybe it's because the majority of high payed esl stars are outside backs and fringe running forwards but there attack is just nowhere near as direct as ours. Hookers aren't obsolete though and i think bedsy although slower still delivers clean, flat ball at speed and still displays strong defence.

I'd be willing to bet if Dave Taylor and Cameron Smith went to esl Taylor would make the greater impact. Bedsy will be fine, it's as much a leadership/influence signing and he'll provide that in spades - not via legacy but by been Bedsy for his 40 minutes.

Spot On

Coach
Hmmm, the marathon stadium feed on FB just said Nick Kenny from the Broncos is now linked to us? I rated him when he first came onto the scene, but has sort of done nothing for a while...

He destroyed the St George frontrow in a semi a couple years back. Absolutely smashed Poore and Weyman from start to finish. I thought to myself at the time, "Who the f**k is this Nick Kenny bloke?" Nowadays it's more of, "Where the f**k is that NIck Kenny bloke?"

aqua_duck

Coach
ESL ain't a Hookers game, Keiran Cunningham was their greatest DH and he, in all honesty, was probably about as good as Kingston is here who is about the 8th best Hooker in our comp.

The play the ball is faster so you would think a good dummy half like bedsy would run riot but also consider the refs keep a shorter ten and the line speed is faster and they also stack the middle of the field a lot in ESL. (Rugby influence?)

I dare say 85% of the line breaks/tries in esl come from the fringes with the further 15% up the middle. NRL would be maybe 60%/40% in comparison.

Maybe it's because the majority of high payed esl stars are outside backs and fringe running forwards but there attack is just nowhere near as direct as ours. Hookers aren't obsolete though and i think bedsy although slower still delivers clean, flat ball at speed and still displays strong defence.

I'd be willing to bet if Dave Taylor and Cameron Smith went to esl Taylor would make the greater impact. Bedsy will be fine, it's as much a leadership/influence signing and he'll provide that in spades - not via legacy but by been Bedsy for his 40 minutes.
If Bedsy gets a solid pre season under his belt I've got no doubt he can do the job. He's not as good a runner as he was but his distribution is still top shelf and it will allow us to be more expansive if need be. Bedsy is also an absolute warrior around the ruck, his leadership, toughness, and determination will suit Bennett's style of grinding the opposition into the turf. I think having a strong character like Bedsy out there will help alot

RABK

Referee

Don't use anything from MS as a source.

There is a poster called carbon clay who was copying my Boyd info posts word for word so i even made up one bit of info about Boyd signing and sure enough he posted it as his own 'source info'

Even when i falsified Lowrie coming back as a shit stir there was a lowrie returning thread within a day.

Place is a joke.

RHCP

Bench
I remember that semi, Kenny was brutal. First hitup from the game and he put Weyman or Poore flat on his arse.

RABK

Referee
Taylor and cutie ran riot on the left fringe that night too. STG got demolished.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Kenny can put some big hits on, just not with the ball anymore. He's one of those props who stall when they hit the defensive line, so I'd pass on him. A super saiyan Tolar is a pretty good description of him, RABK

I'm already stoked with a prop rotation of Snowden/Costigan/Fa'aoso/Tuimavave next year. I'd only want quality from now on, if that rotation is to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts