What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABK

Referee
Bird would complete our pack and i will flat out say it - make it the best in the comp.

8. Snowden 130m Origin quality prop
9. Gidley/Buderus/Fien all Origin quality hookers
10. Costigan 120m Origin quality prop
11. Taia 110m Rep quality fringe runner
12. Houston 45 tackles rep quality defender
13 Bird 110m Origin quality ball playing lock

Drool worthy pack with a great mix of endurance, grunt, aggression, skill and experience.

Whats Doing

Bench
Bird would complete our pack and i will flat out say it - make it the best in the comp.

Drool worthy pack with a great mix of endurance, grunt, aggression, skill and experience.

Agreed

Yosh

Coach
Add a bench of Tui, Faas and Eddy who have been playing really well lately, we'll definately have a strong strong pack for WB to work with.

Perth Knights

Juniors

Can't have Fien in your side ... he's just signed a one year contract extension at the Dragons.

RABK

Referee
Which would suggest Buderus has been granted a release by Leeds, i expect an announcement soon.

voltron

Juniors
cross and luke burgess just got given releases
so a becoming a little doubtful about another release...
=(

aqua_duck

Coach
Cross has been hopeless over there, can't even make the team. Who was the idiot on here who said we should've re-signed Cross for 3 years @300k a year?

CB4 your input is always about pointing how we have all this money like it is a curse. Bird not talking money? Please mate that will do me. He is a rep player.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
:lol: For serious?

yes on both counts lol

i can't remember who it was but they got right up me when I suggested last year that we shouldn't re-sign cross because of his asking price, and someone (you know who you are) said he's our only decent prop he can name his own price because without him the world was going to end for us

perverse

Referee
i sure as shit wanted to keep him, i don't remember discussing dollar values, though. quite obviously was worth about half of what he was getting paid for his second contract.

aqua_duck

Coach
i sure as shit wanted to keep him, i don't remember discussing dollar values, though. quite obviously was worth about half of what he was getting paid for his second contract.

I said at the time I'd keep him or let him go depending on his demands. I think the club has absolutely made the right decision to cut him loose judging by his ESL form, he's been a flop of epic proportions over there when most people thought he'd kill it

perverse

Referee
I said at the time I'd keep him or let him go depending on his demands. I think the club has absolutely made the right decision to cut him loose judging by his ESL form, he's been a flop of epic proportions over there when most people thought he'd kill it
agreed, retrospect now clearly illustrates the right decision was made. it's much easier to say now that we're signing Kade Snowdens and Darius Boyds, though.

not so long ago we were the poor kids that had to take what we could get. paying $300k for Crossys second contract still would have been lunacy, though.

aqua_duck

Coach
agreed, retrospect now clearly illustrates the right decision was made. it's much easier to say now that we're signing Kade Snowdens and Darius Boyds, though.

not so long ago we were the poor kids that had to take what we could get. paying $300k for Crossys second contract still would have been lunacy, though.
especially on a multi year deal

Serc

First Grade
Just on Cross...
Hetherington said Leeds had a "very good relationship" with the Knights, who last year released prop Ben Cross from his 2012 contract so that he could move to Headingley.
Cross made little impact with the Rhinos and was granted a release last week.
The 32-year-old was tipped to retire, but Hetherington said he had mentioned a comeback in the NRL.
"I think he's got a few NRL clubs interested in him," he said.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo.../rhinos-stamp-out-buderus-return/2204058.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts