What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Kenny can put some big hits on, just not with the ball anymore. He's one of those props who stall when they hit the defensive line, so I'd pass on him. A super saiyan Tolar is a pretty good description of him, RABK

I'm already stoked with a prop rotation of Snowden/Costigan/Fa'aoso/Tuimavave next year. I'd only want quality from now on, if that rotation is to change.

That is quality enough IMO. And I'd be happy to see those 4 in the FR provided Taia makes a full recovery (if not Costo to the BackRow).

We need depth though, because after those 4 come your Kaufusi's and Tolars and unproven players.

It wouldnt be too far fetched to see Snowden and Costigan in origin next year, and Fa'aoso is a genuine bolter if he can improve on his 2009 form where he was close to an Origin callup (if a few injuries hit QLD of coarse).

Now Kenny is probably a but more then your stop gap, but hopefully Wayne finds a few Greenfield's, Gowers, Thorby's etc. Minimum wage guys who can step up into FG a dozen or so times a year. There isnt much point paying Tolar and Kaufusi decent money, when you can get a prop from the local league/NSW Cup who can do the same job for minimum wage. All you need is hard heads willing to rip in. WB systems and gameplans will sort everything else out.

Mainly rumour and inuando Bird hasn't been linked to us in anyway in Months and even then I think it was a fluff oppinion peice.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
I'm banking on Bennett having something up his sleeve. Surely the Titans can't afford him now and we need another big name signing after releasing any depth we may have had.

Wato

Juniors
Wendell Sailor mentioned more Saints juniors or low paid players maybe following Bennett to the Knights on twitter last night.
Looking forward to next season like the rest of you guys but hope the boys keep giving it there all for the rest of this season as the last few weeks we have failed to play the 80. On Buderus I remember reasing a few months back a Barry Toohey article where he stated Buderus was still considering returning but was also weighing up whether or not he was up to it due to the Orford situation.

Bicey_18

Bench
Greg Bird possibly back at Newcastle....

A poster from the other forum who is pretty accurate with his info.. eg Bennett, Boyd posted this

"Apparently had talks with Hunter Sports Group this weekend and are wanting an answer by next week..."

Spot On

Coach
Wow. I hope he jumps. That'll do me if he comes. Six blokes in the squad who are playing currently or have played origin this year or last.

macavity

Referee
Greg Bird possibly back at Newcastle....

A poster from the other forum who is pretty accurate with his info.. eg Bennett, Boyd posted this

"Apparently had talks with Hunter Sports Group this weekend and are wanting an answer by next week..."

That poster just recycles rumors found here

RABK

Referee
Yeh, including a couple of fake ones i deliberately planted to catch the fool out.

False prophet.

cb4

First Grade
I can give you a tiny bit of hindsight on the Bird situation.

He has met with the TSG, last Friday if my info was correct, but was not very impressed, as all they spoke about was money. Thats all that concerned them.

From all accounts he will be a Titan in 2012, as we tried very hard to get him back but with no success either.

RABK

Referee
You'd think a player would be jizzing if all a potential employer was talking about was money - especially Tinkler. lol

billy2

Juniors
I can give you a tiny bit of hindsight on the Bird situation.

He has met with the TSG, last Friday if my info was correct, but was not very impressed, as all they spoke about was money. Thats all that concerned them.

From all accounts he will be a Titan in 2012, as we tried very hard to get him back but with no success either.
If I 'read' Bennett and TSG correctly, they are only interested in signing quality players for the low range of what they could expect to earn in exchange for very good treatment, training, coaching and post career opportunities.

If I 'read' Bird correctly, he has always signed for any old club that waves the biggest cheque in his direction, right back as far as leaving us at 16 for a few dollars more.

If Bird had any sense he would get on board with Bennett for less money, but he won't.

aqua_duck

Coach
He can enjoy the titans centre of excellence (and wooden spoon). I personally don't think we need Bird anyway, he's a terrible defender and that doesn't suit the Bennett gameplan. I would personally prefer Cuthbertson, would cost 1/3rd of the price and can play prop

Noname36

First Grade
I don't really see what we could discuss with Bird other than money. We can't try and sell Newcastle to him. He's already aware of the good and crap parts. There's all that "direction the club's taking" jazz, but that isn't really hard to work out knowing Bennett's philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts