What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Tim

First Grade
Losing Josh could be huge, but on the other hand it could be meaningless........ I guess thats why we let him go.

Risk/reward when we have a guy in Tets who has played FG and can establish himself as a regular in the next few weeks? I would say that was the writing on the wall for Josh.

Frederick

Staff member
Back-rower Marvin Filipo has re-signed for another year on a second-tier contract and Gidley said the acquisition of Dragons centre or back-rower Alex McKinnon (three years) and Storm prop Robbie Rochow (one) underlined their intent to bring back Hunter products.
LINK

Rolla

Juniors
A guy like Filipo on a second tier contract is great. Does this suggest that Rochow and Mckinnon have been 'acquired'? As i wasn't aware anything official had come out.

Also i havent seen any of Rochow before.... Anybody able to fill me in?

RHCP

Bench
I remember the Rochow signing being written about in the local section of the DT.

billy2

Juniors
Rochow goes OK, but I don't like the idea of signing Melbourne players. None of them improve after leaving Melbourne - they all go backwards.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Rochow goes OK, but I don't like the idea of signing Melbourne players. None of them improve after leaving Melbourne - they all go backwards.

Apart from the injuries J.Smith is doing fine, and was pretty good at the Dragons. And its not like we have a nuffie coach who cant get the best out of his younger guys when they play.

Sean18

Juniors
Marvin Filipo signing a second-tier contract is great and he could be very useful during the origin period next year. Alex McKinnon is also a great signing and looks to have a bright future.

Yosh

Coach
I think we are in the best position to get the best out of ex-melbourne players. We have WB, Tinks and perhaps the best facilities in the comp to come.

Whats Doing

Bench
I saw Rochow against the Titans a couple of weeks back and went pretty well.

He played second row that night and is pretty big and mobile for his size

aqua_duck

Coach
We were dumb enough (back then) to pay Reyno and concussion king Cross big bucks, Rochow will be on peanuts

billy2

Juniors
I remember seeing a backrow for the Knights Ball side a few years ago of Josh Jackson, Rochow and Ethan Cook and thinking we have another fine crop of backrowers - and I see Jackson has a top 25 contract with the dogs next year - meaning all three could be playing NRL by the end of next year.

Alex28

Coach
Another target achieved - Ben Rogers outta the salary cap! He's retiring and taking up a sales gig with HSG...

Nuffy

Bench
Can I vote for Greg Bird, would bolster the pack, can play 5/8 at a pinch.

Other than that, we do need another prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts