What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats Doing

Bench
Can I vote for Greg Bird, would bolster the pack, can play 5/8 at a pinch.

Other than that, we do need another prop.

I would be moving Costigan to prop and bring in another back rower like Bird who has played well at the Titans this year.

Alex28

Coach
Possibly the ultimate target achieved...

DAN TOLAR IS SET TO RETIRE!

Today's Sun Herald - he is set to retire and take up a job with HSG.

Glory be!

billy2

Juniors

Glory be!
It's really sad that it doesn't look like Dan is going to get a run at old boys day, despite being fit and ready to go.
He didn't play for Centurions this week, so I suppose he's cleaned out his locker already.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

Glory be!

It's sad that his career fizzled out the way it did. A few years ago he was a solid prop with a handy offload. Over the last 2 years he has been just about the worst prop in the competition.

I feel for the bloke, but as I knights supporter, I am happy.

perverse

Referee
Coastbloke will be devastated.

i'm going to celebrate.

image003.gif

Tolar's Gone!!!

vandamme-dancing.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

image002.gif

Adsy

Juniors
What would everyone's thoughts be if we signed Ben Ross?

If rumours are true that Dan 'Mr Unlimited' Tolar is retiring the we will be losing three props and only be gaining one. With Big Josh going to the Roosters I can't see any of the other junior props being ready for first grade next year so we will only have the following without resorting to shifting backrowers into the front row:

Snowden
Tuimavave
Fa'aoso
Tetevano.

Not a bad pack but we would be in all sorts if we got a couple of injuries.

Last edited:
What would everyone's thoughts be if we signed Ben Ross?

If rumours are true that Dan 'Mr Unlimited' Tolar is retiring the we will be losing three props and only be gaining one. With Big Josh going to the Roosters I can't see any of the other junior props being ready for first grade next year so we will only have the following without resorting to shifting backrowers into the front row:

Snowden
Tuimavave
Fa'aoso
Tetevano.

Not a bad pack but we would be in all sorts if we got a couple of injuries.

Apparently his after a 3 year deal, and decent coin.

After his previous issues just not worth the risk.

Adsy

Juniors
I don't think he would be asking much - $100-120k max. He has played every game for Souths this year.

Adsy

Juniors
Apparently his after a 3 year deal, and decent coin.

After his previous issues just not worth the risk.

Hmmm.... Didn't know that. Perhaps an explanation as why no club has signed him yet?

I was thinking a 2 year contract for something between $200-250k. Guess that's out of the equation.

Hmmm.... Didn't know that. Perhaps an explanation as why no club has signed him yet?

I was thinking a 2 year contract for something between $200-250k. Guess that's out of the equation.

Yep, read in the bunnies forum that they did offer to sign him on a 2 year deal for modest coin, but his chasing one more big deal.

Poor form on his part crying poor that they don't want to sign him when in fact they've made an offer and were the only club willing to throw him a bone and pay him for that year were he couldn't get fit.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I thought he was pretty strong against the Broncos last week.

That's pretty much the only game I've seen him play this year so its not much to go off really

Serc

First Grade
Ross has been pretty good this year...especially given that (for a while) he was almost the only fit prop at Souths and teams could focus on him more.

He is also playing impressive footy given that neck injury of the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts