What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy2

Juniors
Junior prop ranks looking very thin.
Sam Anderson could come good next year in the Centurions. He came into NYC this year as about 5th or 6th choice prop after playing for Kurri Kurri last year, and over the season he has worked his way up the list to be our best now. Smallish guy (180cm 97kg - same as Eddie roughly) who plays hard for big minutes in NYC, and the more game time he gets, the better he gets.

Korbin Sims was supposed to be the next big thing at the start of the year, but I think he has only improved a small amount over the season, if at all. Still good but not great.

Rodney Mason has had another injury plagued season. He shows signs of having a big motor and plenty of skills, but he is a tampon (in one week, out three weeks).

The younger guys like Alchin, Barber, Rob Mason, Michael Steele and the two Clarke's could come good next season in NYC, but no chance at firstgrade for a few years at least.

In the Centurions we have Sinbad Kali who is as good as Tetevano and nearly his twin, and Shaun Boss, who is amazingly unco-ordinated, but holds the ball and bends the line.

Last edited:

billy2

Juniors
Smith must really rate Big Josh. Kid could be anything.
He's had maybe 6 really good games in 3 years.
If he can have an injury free run he will be a superstar, but it's hard to see happening given his track record.

Serc

First Grade
Ailaomai is definitely the sort of player that could come back to bite us, bit of a risk involved (his motor as mentioned being the major one) but if he gets it right, he could be the new Fui.

Serc

First Grade
So that's what Gould was doing here last week...

270138-dtevent-phil-gould.jpg

Frederick

Staff member
Ciraldo said that those aren't the terms of his contract. I reckon Gould was gonna be offering those figures to Stig

Adsy

Juniors
Yep as soon as I heard about doodlegate. And Gould wanting a Knights player (2 seasons @ $120k) I thought of Stig straight away.

Re Ailaomai. I thought Tinkler made a promise to no long lose juniors. How long did that last? 10 days?

Frederick

Staff member
Is Josh a local junior though, or was he brought into our system? Plus, when Tinkler said we'd no longer lose juniors, I'm sure he meant PROMISING juniors, not the lazy or talentless ones.

Frederick

Staff member
Also in todays herald, chances of a trade for Buderus looking slim so club entertaining paying the transfer fee, but won't pay more than bulldogs did for Eastwood.

billy2

Juniors
we got Josh as a 17 year old, so he is our junior this year, but next year he is a senior - so he is part of our senior squad if we want to keep him.

Rod

Bench
We'll pay the transfer fee. Tinks will want to get his man.

This sure is dragging on though.

Serc

First Grade
Why did he have to sign the "doodle"?

I am suspect on that whole story

I'm not sure either...you can imagine what I think of it, just posting it light heartedly :)

As for Ailaomai...I think he was brought here during Smith's 'great purge' of juniors, but he's been in our system for a few years now (this is his 4th I think), so when does a player stop becoming that dirty word 'import' and when do they start becoming one of ours? I'm not carrying on about whether we should/shouldn't keep him, I'm just thinking about this 'import' word that sticks in the back of a lot of people's minds. I like to follow anyone that puts on a Knights jumper, especially in the juniors because they are all kinda 'our own' as its where they are playing their first footy for one of the big NRL clubs.

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
I like to follow anyone that puts on a Knights jumper, especially in the juniors because they are all kinda 'our own' as its where they are playing their first footy for one of the big NRL clubs.
I do enjoy watching the kids come from the local clubs, but I agree with this.

As for is Ailoamai a local junior, depends on whether you think local junior means U/6s at Wests or SG Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts