What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicey_18

Bench
Would be cheap i'd imagine.....

If Bennett could work his magic with him, he would be awesome off the bench

aqua_duck

Coach
Bennett and Bellamy are the only blokes you'd back to turn Daine Laurie around. I reckon a hard pre season under Bennett and his staff and Laurie could be a surprise weapon for us especially off the bench. Will also help our depth in the front row. I think his physicality and size will help alot aswell, when he hits someone I guarantee they won't be thinking about an offload

RABK

Referee
Well it puts your mind at ease knowing that any player we are dealing with has Bennetts approval, he won't look twice at a player he wouldn't see potential/improvement in.

Laurie, Cuthbo, Tets and Faas would be monster impact - deadset sending king kong, godzilla, gamera and mecha zilla out there.

aqua_duck

Coach
I honestly reckon if Tets has a big pre season, and Bennett can get the most out of him, he'll be a gun.

billy2

Juniors
Laurie is a monster who can be anything.

By the way - no Centurions next season - the reggies will be Knights and could play games out of number 2 sportsground

billy2

Juniors
Parsons was 28 when we signed him - although he was current Dally M prop of the year at the time.

RHCP

Bench
Laurie would only keep Tetevano and the like out of first grade I imagine, don't want him don't need him.

Johns Magic

Referee
Laurie would only keep Tetevano and the like out of first grade I imagine, don't want him don't need him.

Well if Laurie turned out to be a better player than Tetevano I don't see the problem with that.

I don't expect it to happen though.

billy2

Juniors
You can't have too many firstgrade quality players on minimum coin.

If he plays every game of firstgrade for 55k he is the buy of the season.

If he plays no games of firstgrade - i suspect we will have had a great year because all our forwards would be on fire.

aqua_duck

Coach
27 roops, if he was 20 maybe but seriously no way his worth the risk.

27 is by no means old for a prop. Guys like Fui Fui and Petero didn't make their debuts till their mid 20s and they've turned out to be two of the best props in the game. If I'm an opposition player I'd hate to play against someone like Daine Laurie

billy2

Juniors
Reading the Warriors forum, a lot of them seem convinced Likiliki will be with them next season.
I think we can use the salary cap better, so I wouldn't mind him going, although he has some promise.

aqua_duck

Coach
Reading the Warriors forum, a lot of them seem convinced Likiliki will be with them next season.
I think we can use the salary cap better, so I wouldn't mind him going, although he has some promise.

Use the cap better? He's not even in the top 25

27 is by no means old for a prop. Guys like Fui Fui and Petero didn't make their debuts till their mid 20s and they've turned out to be two of the best props in the game. If I'm an opposition player I'd hate to play against someone like Daine Laurie

It is when they've shown about 6 weeks of quality footy in their entire career for 20-30 mins a match, had tonnes off field issues and is comming back from numerous reoccuring series injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts