What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Tim

First Grade
Snowden - Backed as a target by the Knights and Snowden himself

Boyd - All hearsay with neither Knights, Bennett or Boyd saying anything. Knights insiders say he is a given

Hoppa jr - Said to have been made an offer in a sole foxsports report with no real solid link

Idris - Confirmed to have been made an offer, accepted larger GC contract

Ennis - A tele special which Ennis confirmed to be untrue

Jon Green - Mentioned in a couple of articles to be a possibility to follow WB

Beau Champion - Reported we made an offer which he didn't consider

Re-signings

De Gois - Had an offer on the table that was on hold during TSG takeover but not much has been said since except that we would like to re-sign him

Sau - Said to be frustrated at lack of our urgency to re-sign him and is reportedly receiving interest from other clubs

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...oth-in-his-plans/story-fn2mcuj6-1226048622656

Says we've made him an offer.

This makes interesting reading 6 months on.

9 targets, 3 signatures. In our emo days we would consider this a failure.

i understand that some of these names were never "realistic" targets, but its amazing that what we would consider our best ever off-season only includes 3 names on the "initial" list.

chinorocks

Juniors
This makes interesting reading 6 months on.

9 targets, 3 signatures. In our emo days we would consider this a failure.

i understand that some of these names were never "realistic" targets, but its amazing that what we would consider our best ever off-season only includes 3 names on the "initial" list.

Due to the salary cap we were never gonna get half of them let alone all. We got the best 2, plus Bedsy, Cuthbertson, Tahu, Wade and Laurie. I think we can be pretty happy with that given we were already a top 8 team.

Green is average. Idris could be ok. Ennis would have cost way to much for what he brings and would have stopped us from signing several others. Champion is as good as the center's we have now.

Recruiting could only have been better if we'd nabbed a dominant half somewhere and the only one avaliable was Sandow who is a loose cannon who would have cost WAY to much.

This thread will kick into high gear next season i believe. Every high profile off contract player will be linked to us whether it has any substance or not. The daily telegraph will write anything about anyone as News Ltd has shown in their recent phone tap inquiry in england. We know nosink! is the reply when they get called out.

cb4

First Grade
Welcome to our world.

We get linked to everyone available under the sun. It makes for interesting reading.

RABK

Referee
That list was posted at the start of silly season.

Buderus, Tahu and Cuthbertson were all named as targets here weeks before signing so i'd say we got 6/12 of our targets.

Big Tim

First Grade
Due to the salary cap we were never gonna get half of them let alone all. We got the best 2, plus Bedsy, Cuthbertson, Tahu, Wade and Laurie. I think we can be pretty happy with that given we were already a top 8 team.

Green is average. Idris could be ok. Ennis would have cost way to much for what he brings and would have stopped us from signing several others. Champion is as good as the center's we have now.

Recruiting could only have been better if we'd nabbed a dominant half somewhere and the only one avaliable was Sandow who is a loose cannon who would have cost WAY to much.

My point, I fear, was missed.

Ask most of our fans, this has been the best recruitment we have had.

I made the point that of the initial list we only got 3 names, this would point to our regular poor recruitment results, but this year has been the opposite.

It says that we put alot of spin on our signings to make us feel better, or people are generally happier with the direction of the team and recruitment direction.

I tend to suggest the 2nd, and we really only have one man to thank for all that.

Rod

Bench
Interesting. I like him as a player but for me it would depend on a lot of things though, eg. if it were to be at the expense of Houston or Taia then I would say no way.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Nope sorry. I wouldn't be surprised if the player manager just threw our club's name in to boost Beau's bargaining power. Everyone gets linked to us now. Also the Dragons would be stupid to let him go. He's one of the few forwards left in their pack that shows any amount of mongrel.

We've got enough quality backrowers as it is. We've got Ethan Cook waiting in the wings ffs. If we're going to recruit anyone, it has to be Cooper Cronk, in the event that Mullen doesn't finally realise his potential under Bennett.

Rod

Bench
Yep, it's almost pointless to speculate on recruitment at this stage because we have no idea how certain players are going to go under Bennett. Anyone in our current squad could become potentially indispensable.

Meh... If WB wants him we should take him...

This.

If wayne wants a particular player there has to be good reason for it. We all know he is a great coach, but he is also an excellent judge when it comes to players and what they bring to a team.

perverse

Referee
Beau Scott? odd one. i wouldn't say no, i suppose. good player. i do think he'll be quite unnecesssary by the end of this season, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts