What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Speaking of local junior backrowers, Boyd Cordner setting up the match winning try tonight, c'mon Tinks make it happen.

Up until he put that kick in, I thought Cordner had enjoyed a pretty dire game. The guy ran it on the last at least once, and I recall him dropping the ball or throwing it into touch at some point too.

Had no idea he was a local junior. Wouldn't object to him coming back into the fold if he can rub some of the mess out of his play.

billy2

Juniors
Boyd Cordner only played a few games for the Knights at Mathews level.
Both Dane and Boyd Cordner came from Taree.
Dane lived in Newcastle and attended Hunter Sports high and was picked for combined high schools, and in the same year the 2 years younger Boyd was attending a Catholic school in Taree and was the youngest player picked for combined catholic schools - and Boyd outshone his older brother at the schoolboys titles.
The Roosters signed him from the schoolboys titles, and up to that point he had just had a few fill in games for the Knights under 16s while living in Taree.

Spot On

Coach
Up until he put that kick in, I thought Cordner had enjoyed a pretty dire game. The guy ran it on the last at least once, and I recall him dropping the ball or throwing it into touch at some point too.

Had no idea he was a local junior. Wouldn't object to him coming back into the fold if he can rub some of the mess out of his play.

Have to agree here. He even put a nothing kick in down the left side with 12 mins or so to go on the fourth tackle I think it was.
He did however put a beauty of shot on someone in the second half (can't remember who it was) and a little later Dave Taylor absolutely smashed him. He was up to play the ball quickly though. He looks a tough bastard.

Been out with knee problems for yonks so really he can only get better and better as the season goes on.

KempoKnight

Juniors
VETERAN coaches Tim Sheens and Wayne Bennett now have more in common than their unrivalled vintage.
Both emerged from round one of the season with fears that their packs are too light and have already put the feelers out for mid-season reinforcements up front.
The most obvious free agent on the market is former Bulldog, Rooster and NSW representative second-rower Willie Mason, who has already been linked with the Knights after spending time with family in Newcastle last month.
But our Hunter sources tell us Bennett already has his sights set on England, with Wigan prop Jeff Lima the man earmarked to stiffen Newcastle's pack.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/tax-man-on-trail-of-storm-stars/story-e6freye0-1226293960381

toward the bottom of the article.

30 this year. He is on fire at Wigan. I'd say some off contract backrowers may be a little awkward reading that article. A couple may have to go so Wayne can buy some big boppers in 2013. I wouldn't write off our chances of luring Dave Taylor if that is where Wayne wants to head as far recruitment goes.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Dave Taylor? Please tell me you are joking. If Wayne is looking to add sting to our pack, Taylor is not the bloke to provide it

We need a Civo, Scott or Gallen type player imo

aqua_duck

Coach
Pretty sure Lima was the one who had a training punch up with Judas Newton at training a few years ago at the storm, so he'd be welcomed in my book

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm with JW. We need a fearless prop who doesn't shy away from the dirty work in the middle. Not a peaheart with a severe case of Souffs syndrome who runs at wingers, halves and the nearest pie stand.

Dave Taylor? Please tell me you are joking. If Wayne is looking to add sting to our pack, Taylor is not the bloke to provide it

We need a Civo, Scott or Gallen type player imo
Agreed. Unfortunately they are all on contract as far as I am aware. Who do you have in mind? I don't rate Taylor except in short bursts. I was merely thinking he would be a forward of size. After watching Burgess on Monday night, if he could provide that every week, I would move heaven and earth to put him up front for us.

Last edited:
I'm with JW. We need a fearless prop who doesn't shy away from the dirty work in the middle. Not a peaheart with a severe case of Souffs syndrome who runs at wingers, halves and the nearest pie stand.

I bet he doesn't lay a shoulder into the pie stand. He'd have truck brakes on his arse to prevent such a catastrophy. When SOUFFS kick a forty twenty he goes off because he thinks someone said four 'n' twenty. Sandow is gone so he may lose plenty of kilos this season.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Agreed. Unfortunately they are all on contract as far as I am aware. Who do you have in mind? I don't rate Taylor except in short bursts. I was merely thinking he would be a forward of size. After watching Burgess on Monday night, if he could provide that every week, I would move heaven and earth to put him up front for us.

I didnt mean those players per se, but rather a player like them. Tough go forward type of props.

Yosh

Coach
Jeez... Don't mention Scott and Gallen in the same sentence as 'potential recruits' please... I'm gonna pass out due to extreme levels of 'f*cking excited' building up in my veins and arteries...

rabble

Juniors
Need someone with some punch to start the game, why not use Faas. If the other two don't come up to scratch, come on down Korbin, Tets. Maybe Benno does'nt think the young guns are up to it yet. Either way, i'd take Lima over both the starters.

billy2

Juniors
Knights have re-signed Chad Redman and Ben Roose and have offers on the table for Tyrone Roberts, Will Smith, Chanel Mata'utia and Tyler Sullivan accordingto the Far and Wide (country news) column in the Tele.

Status
Not open for further replies.