What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy2

Juniors
Apparently Eddy has had a 3 year deal on the table since before Christmas according to the Far and Wide (country news) section of the tele.
That means Wayne rates him, but it also probably means they want him to sign a long contract at fringe money, and he'd be crazy to do that, given that he is improving nearly every game.

Eddy might not want to be a benchie either Billy. If he does leave then he is a fool. You don't get Parramatta overs when u play under Wayne. I'd say Eddy might rate himself. Fair enough. Guaranteed Ethan Cooke or another kid replaces him comfortably. More to footy than a big hitter.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Sounds reasonable imo. There's also a huge probability of a premiership ring in there as well.

billy2

Juniors
Edwards should either sign for one year at fringe money or 3 years at decent money.

We got Aku to sign a 4 year contract for half what he is now worth, and good luck to us, but Eddy should give himself a chance to sign a good deal if he puts in the work to improve, and he looks like he is doing that to me.
In his last 5 or so NRL games (not the trials) he has been in our top half dozen players, and if he can put together another 20 like that this year he should be a starting player and be on decent money. Good luck to him chasing that dream.

slotmachine

First Grade
The bloke is a top shelf defender but offers little in attack. Any more than that and he can shop himself IMO.

Costigan got 700k for 3 years and he was a QLD rep, had just won the dragons a premiership and wasn't a local.

500k + incentives is more than fair.

Eddy has contributed more than costigan to us.

I think Eddy is about to unleash on the NRL. He has bulked up, he is coached by wayne, his defence is technically perfect, he just needs to now concentrate on 2 aspects of his game, fitness and attack. Eddy will be a 12 year veteran for the knights, you heard it here first.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I thought Eddy showed some good footwork against the Dragons, often poking his head through the line. He was also getting quick play the balls which helped us get a bit of momentum.

Attack certainty isn't the strongest part of his game yet, but there were some signs of improvement there against the Dragons IMO.

Attack isn't everything either. Look at a guy like Dallas Johnson, he's an 80min origin player. Gets 50 tackles a game would be a walk up start in any NRL team and he is not known for his attacking abilities.

slotmachine

First Grade
I'm not saying who has contributed more, just that premiership winning, origin representitives being lured to a new club command more money than locals who have played 27 first grade games.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm not saying who has contributed more, just that premiership winning, origin representitives being lured to a new club command more money than locals who have played 27 first grade games.

Exactly. Nev's got 100 more 1st grade games under his belt, not to mention a premiership and half a dozen origin caps

Yosh

Coach
Eddy has contributed more than costigan to us.

I think Eddy is about to unleash on the NRL. He has bulked up, he is coached by wayne, his defence is technically perfect, he just needs to now concentrate on 2 aspects of his game, fitness and attack. Eddy will be a 12 year veteran for the knights, you heard it here first.

Hahahaha!!! The odds of Eddy not becoming a 12 year veteren are lower than the odds he will now considering we are all Tinked up.

aqua_duck

Coach
Speaking of local junior backrowers, Boyd Cordner setting up the match winning try tonight, c'mon Tinks make it happen.

11.McKinnon
12.Cordner
13.Edwards

Now that would be jizz worthy

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Speaking of local junior backrowers, Boyd Cordner setting up the match winning try tonight, c'mon Tinks make it happen.

11.McKinnon
12.Cordner
13.Edwards

Now that would be jizz worthy

for some reason that feels like a reference to me...:o:roll::oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts