What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy2

Juniors
This Smith kid I am hearing plenty about. What is his story Billy?
Newcastle Wests junior.
Father was a Wests legend and good friend of former NYC coach Garth Brennan.
Has played with us as a halfback or 5/8 in Mathews. Started as a halfback in Ball, but spent his whole last year of Ball playing fullback.
His first year of NYC he played a few positions including wing before being put at centre where he quickly established himself as a star before suffering a season ending injury.
This year he trained with firstgrade and would have spent a lot of time as a playmaker because so many of the main halves were injured.
Played in the first trial game as firstgrade 5/8 and went ok without being spectacular.

I've been saying for a few years that he reminds me very much of Brad Tighe. Aboriginal kid who isn't huge but has very good speed, lot's of moves and can find the try line. He even kicks goals like Tighe.

RABK

Referee
And Tighe has never, ever in his career, been able to run more than 30m without pulling up with cramps or a torn hamstring. It's amazing that he very well could be a 10 season NRL veteran in 2 years, so limited due to his small size and lack of strength.

billy2

Juniors
cept Tighe is shit
Up to reserve grade level he was one of the best juniors we've had.
He has been a journeyman firstgrader because he's a bit small, but so is Smith.
Tighe was even a 5/8 for most of his junior career and made all the rep sides to the point where he would rival Mullen as our most capped junior.
If anything, Tighe was more impressive than Smith up to this point - which doesn't mean Smith won't kick on and be a better player, or fail to kick on and not have a 10 year firstgrade career like Tighe.

Say what you want about Brad Tighe but he can find a try line when required. His small physical stature is defintely the major reason he hasn't been a more impactful player. Much worse players running around in first grade.

RABK

Referee
He can see a tryline when he wants - very rare for him to have the strength to be able to make it across. Players ragdoll him easily and he is quick but not even in the NRL's fastest 50 players.

I don't think his try scoring feats are anything to write home about and whilst he certainly isn't the worst - there aren't many worse players running around the NRL.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Impeccable? I wouldn't say that mate. He has a good technique due to him being small as a jnr but he gets run over fairly often

Yosh

Coach
We talking about Brad Tighe right? Centre/winger played for us and went to penrith?

He was meh... Just okay enough to play fg but nothing special. Aku killed him last time they played didn't he? Tighe went foe Aku's legs but Aku's thighs were having none of it. Thigh>Tighe

Rolla

Juniors
We talking about Brad Tighe right? Centre/winger played for us and went to penrith?

He was meh... Just okay enough to play fg but nothing special. Aku killed him last time they played didn't he? Tighe went foe Aku's legs but Aku's thighs were having none of it. Thigh>Tighe

LOL i think it knocked him out too.... Most outside backs will go down as being made look silly by Aku at some point though.

chinorocks

Juniors
The RLW Mole just tweeted that Cronk will announce he has signed with either The Roosters, Knights, Dragons or Titans 2moro morning. I didnt even know we were talking to him.

Rod

Bench
I reckon they've thrown our name in there just for the hell of it. The only way it would work is if Wayne fancies the idea of Gidley moving to hooker next year.

Surely it won't be the Roosters, Maloney/Pearce is a more than useful halves combo.

My money is on Dragons.

perverse

Referee
he wants a squillion dollars. this is probably just "rich club syndrome". we're likely to get thrown into the picture with any high profile off contract player.

would obviously shit a tonne of bricks if he announced he's coming here tomorrow, but i give it a 0.00001% chance of happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.