What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serc

First Grade
Yeah he's been a naughty boy, got up to mischief a few too many times...not quite saying he is like Todd Carney when he got cut by the Raiders originally, but like the Raiders I doubt the Broncos wanted to let him go. Could be a real gun player, tore up Toyota Cup in 2010 (was fullback for Junior Kangaroos that year)

Just on players with alleged attitude issues, Jennings looking more likely to be leaving Penrith by the day according to The Mole on twitter. Moley is very accurate more often than not.

1. Boyd
2. Macmanus
3. Tahu
4. Jennings
5. Uate

Best backline in the NRL and the best backline we would have had since the 2000's. Just imagine the points in that backline if we had some forwards that could generate some momentum and room to move.

Yosh

Coach
Jennings is injury prone... With our clubs record with injuries, we'd be lucky to get a decent season out of him...

If fit, that'd be an amazing backline.

1. QLD rep player
2. former NSW rep player (could be again)
3. former NSW + Aus player
4. NSW rep centre
5. Demi-God

Whats Doing

Bench
Our centres whilst solid lack genuine speed. Speed can turn half breaks into tries.

You cannot under estimate having speed in your team and he would be a sensation with us.

Nuffy

Bench
Right now, without the right forwards we could have reg gasnier feeding aku and it wouldn't matter.

We are no chance of signing him and really we need to focus on forwards, particularly props.

I'm more than a little worried as there doesn't seem to be much out there.

Last edited:

Whats Doing

Bench
Didn't Aku score 20+ tries the last two seasons playing behind Taufua, Tolar, Ciraldo and Kaufusi.

Thats right.

Having an average pack of forwards didn't stop the Roosters in 75 and Parramatta in the early 80's from winning the competitions which were largely due to having brilliant firepower and tremendous speed in the backs.

Also over the years QLD has also won many a State of Origin largely due their dominance in the backline over NSW over years whilst on paper (not recently) one would say NSW had the stronger forward pack.

RABK

Referee
Bennetts that one who punted him before arriving at the Dragons after baulking at his 400k asking price. If there is any truth in this he must be asking for 150-200k.

perverse

Referee
i don't think he's the answer to our problems. he's not the worst. has looked pretty disinterested at Parra. it's like a disease down there, though.

Poore? I heard the same suggestion from a Parramatta tragic i know. I thought it was a no chance as I believed Bennett did not rate him. Like anything it will mean nothing till we get a signature.

aqua_duck

Coach
We could do alot worse than Poore, atleast he makes metres unlike our current forwards. Bennett knows him, and knows how to get the best out of him.
He's only just turned 27 so his best years should be coming up and he wouldn't cost a fortune either

I'm all for it if he digs in and makes us an extra 100 to 150 metres a game. His knee has been an issue but a new start could reboot this bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts