What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why people are uninspired by our backrow in attack for next season. We will be buying up for 2014 so i can only imagine it is stop gap measures until Wayne can get the players he realky wants. Of course Scott and Stagg are hardly stop gap players but i think it is a given we are too restricted cap wise to sign a Glenn Stewart or Pritchard type. Beau will be a massive boost for Gagai and Aku on the right edge in defence.

Stop gap when they are on 3-4 year contracts.

Another winning post by showstopper.

KempoKnight

Juniors
Your forgetting he is playing Toyota cup meaning he is 20 or under, he will grow in height and weight this year easily. Expect him to come into grade around 110kg

Stop gap when they are on 3-4 year contracts.

Another winning post by showstopper.

How do u know Stagg is on three or four years? He hasn't signed a thing. I also said they are not stopgap players. More that they fill a void in stopgap fashion until the squad can be enhanced in addition to them.. Big difference.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Height: 188 cm
Weight: 104 kg

He will absolutely get monstered at prop in first grade.
Trent Merrin is 104kg and is an origin prop.....
If I had to compare Sims to any first grader I'd probably have to compare him to Nate Myles, fairly similar size (Myles is 187cm and 105kg) and fairly similar style of player. In anycase I'd be shocked if Korbin wasn't atleast as big as Tariq (107kg) by February next year

Spot On

Coach
It's not the size of the dog in the fight.........

Some of our blokes have no mongrel. Fact.

Sims should be getting a bit of a go next season surely. A bit of a taste.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Blonde lass on footy show said that Bronson Harrison may consider linking up with us as he's on the outer at raiders and has a relationship with Bennett due to times he played with NZ when bennett coached. Pretty weak news but we'll see where it goes...

And also she mentioned Shakies are making a play for Junior Sau.

Rod

Bench
Provide it didn't break the bank Harrison could be a decent signing. A couple of years ago he was killing it, has sort of drifted off since then a bit though. I'd much rather us signing a player like him rather than Stagg, at least Harrison could provide a bit of variety and an offload.

Sharkies are more than welcome to Sau.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'll brought up Harrison before, at his best he's a very good wide running backrower with an offload in him. Only 26 and over 150 1st grade games under his belt as well as 13 tests for NZ

IanG

Coach
Just makes me shake my head with the players we signed that are now lingering in NSW Cup or the Real NRL that we're looking at offloading. Just makes me wonder why did we sign them in the first place.

Johns Magic

Referee
Harrison would be great if we got the model from a few years ago. The problem is the last couple of years he's made Taia look like Gareth Ellis in defense.

Young enough to turn it around but it seems a touch odd to me that we'd swap Taia for Harrison. You'd like to hope he's on the scrapheap and we could get him cheap but I'm sure he'd clean up big bucks in the ESL.

Frederick

Staff member
Just makes me shake my head with the players we signed that are now lingering in NSW Cup or the Real NRL that we're looking at offloading. Just makes me wonder why did we sign them in the first place.
7b1107c2-51e5-4560-b808-ccd774a38431.jpg

aqua_duck

Coach
Harrison would be great if we got the model from a few years ago. The problem is the last couple of years he's made Taia look like Gareth Ellis in defense.

Young enough to turn it around but it seems a touch odd to me that we'd swap Taia for Harrison. You'd like to hope he's on the scrapheap and we could get him cheap but I'm sure he'd clean up big bucks in the ESL.

Problem with Harrison is he hasn't got a Fijian/Tongan/Samoan/Cook Islands passport so he'd count as an import under their silly quota system. His defence isn't the best but IMO he's still overall an upgrade on Zeb

shane1970

Juniors
Hi fellas. Hope everyone is well. Anyone know what the deal with Poore is? Last i heard is Canberra are talking to him despite denials.
Yeah I read that story in todays paper as well - didn't even mention us as a possible destination. And if Shane Shackleton is on the outer - as would seem to be the case - why aren't we making a play for him ? And Junior back to Canberra !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts