What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
If we're in that sort of situation I'd rather take a punt on a young guy, maybe someone who is too old for NYC next year or someone from QLD or Bartercard cup. We're got lots of resources might as well use them to try and find a few potential gems rather than another bandaid solution

Hence the 'don't quote me'...:?

Johns Magic

Referee
If anything is to happen mid-season it's gonna have to happen in the next four days.

Hopefully there's some exciting news on the horizon.

In todays Tele advised that apparently a deal fell through to send Richie to Canberra but didn't happen cause we wanted them to take Wes or Junior and they didn't have the space.

aqua_duck

Coach
Sounds like we want to try and offload Richie to them at the same time though aqua.

Three birds with one stone.

Richie shouldn't be hard to offload because he's not tied up long term so teams have abit of flexibility in regards to him, Wes and Junior we'd have to really con a team to take them (which makes Bennett's initial decision to re-sign them long term even more perplexing).

Am I the only one thats struggling to wonder what the hells gone wrong with Wes. Unlike Junior his got all the tools and has shown he can be outstanding when he wants to be......

Wes has confirmed that he is a paycheque player. Aims up when contract renewal comes around and that is it. Very disappointing cos i thought we were going to see him have his best season yet. Could care less now cos our current right centre is an absolute gun in the making.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Wes had an awesome debut year from memory playing wing for the Dragons, the following season he was in and out of F/G playing centre and wing, mostly average. Then until last year he had done nothing.

Contract years do amazing things for some players.

Johns Magic

Referee
Richie is set to join the Storm for the rest of the year according to the Herald.

Fingers crossed we'll be able to snap up Poore before the deadline.

Poore would be a great addition but after Monday night I am more confident we will get by regardless. Willie re-signing is above all else though. I have no doubts that he will have got other clubs having second thoughts about not signing him.

Last edited:
Given Kearney is a fan of Junior's I think that makes perfect sense Frances. I am pretty sure it was Parra that Junior knocked back to stay here.

Jono078

Referee
Richie -> Storm - Re-sign Willie
Sau -> Eels - Trade for Poore
Wes -> Raiders - Trade for Harrison?

And we've done well for this year and next.

Yosh

Coach
Man... Richie is really gonna come back and bite us hard... Best of luck mate.

If we sign Poore will he play this week? Surely not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts